No hose carwash advice wanted

Results.... 2 gallons of water, 2 capfulls of ONR. Feels like you are warshing the car 5 times. Sheesh. Works fine.
Didn't mess witht he tires and wheels. Did the door jams instead. Car never left the garage until I took it out for a spin.
It's a cloudy day so you can't really see the shine. I hate warshing cars.
1644969610449.png

1644969660556.png

1644969686679.png

Oops, this ain't a Tesla... Not too dirty so here ya go.
1644969740330.png

I could care less what your supposed to do or not. I would use a garden hose and wash my Tesla, I pay the water bill, I own the land, I pay the taxes, I pay their salaries, "they"work for me. (no politics)
"If you don't like it, leave" is the common saying I think.

Silicon Valley is back in draught; we are not supposed to wash our cars using a garden hose. I take 2, or is it 3?, to the local Car Warsh; I have a $20 per month anytime deal.
The Tesla Model 3 stays in the garage and is not that dirty. And it is a small car, afterall.
How the heck do I warsh this thing?
2 buckets? A special car warsh product?

I appreciate your advice.
These sound something like what you are looking to use for a garaged car. (Amsoil + Griot's Garage) sell a product. Meguiar's also makes one that you can maybe pick up in stores without having to order online. I have used them all in past between trips thru drive thru touchless car washes and they are about equal. Lots of folks use them to get clean and shiny prior to a quick wax detailer or even a regular wax job. They all say they are a wash & wax and do leave a nice shine.

I could care less what your supposed to do or not. I would use a garden hose and wash my Tesla, I pay the water bill, I own the land, I pay the taxes, I pay their salaries, "they"work for me. (no politics)
There are plenty of people who think like that and act like that. While I am sure I do plenty of dumb stuff, the CA drought is serious and I try and do my part. Each to their own.

February is the rainy season; we last got a little rain Jan 7th I believe. It's bad. January was the 2nd driest January on record, since they started tracking rainfall 128 years ago. 2022 is likely to be the driest year on record.

We are currently in "Severe Drought":
  • Grazing land is inadequate
  • Fire season is longer, with high burn intensity, dry fuels, and large fire spatial extent
  • Trees are stressed; plants increase reproductive mechanisms; wildlife diseases increase

There are plenty of people who think like that and act like that. While I am sure I do plenty of dumb stuff, the CA drought is serious and I try and do my part. Each to their own.

February is the rainy season; we last got a little rain Jan 7th I believe. It's bad. January was the 2nd driest January on record, since they started tracking rainfall 128 years ago. 2022 is likely to be the driest year on record.

We are currently in "Severe Drought":
  • Grazing land is inadequate
  • Fire season is longer, with high burn intensity, dry fuels, and large fire spatial extent
  • Trees are stressed; plants increase reproductive mechanisms; wildlife diseases increase
Its good to do you part and that makes you a good person. Its just my impression of CA in the last decade or two. No politics allowed here so can not comment further, just wanted to let you know my thought process. I wonder if the people passing the rules and regulations live by the same rules and regulations ... it doesnt even take barely a bucket of water to rinse off a car with a fine spray.
Sharp looking car BTW

I've taken to washing the wife's car at oil change time. Garage has been 40F or so, dropping to freezing. Driveway slopes down to the road so I don't like icing it over--and it's a 20 mile roundtrip to a car wash. For this I decided to pressure wash, although I wish I had a portable leaf blower so as to blow the water off when done (it froze in nice little beads on the way home).

This was nothing but sand. Not salt. You're lucky if you can wash in the garage at this time of year!
1645282786145.jpg

How about a 427 Roadster?
View attachment 89464
Brings me back to my teenage years, older 20ish year old had one, used to bring it down to our neighbor hood park, was awesome, the folding headlights were like, so cool! Car had character then, today they look more "sterile" to me anyway. God those were the days and yes I sound old.
Car looks great. I cant place the year, I have no idea, 67 / 68? 69?

Brings me back to my teenage years, older 20ish year old had one, used to bring it down to our neighbor hood park, was awesome, the folding headlights were like, so cool! Car had character then, today they look more "sterile" to me anyway. God those were the days and yes I sound old.
Car looks great. I cant place the year, I have no idea, 67 / 68? 69?
1968 was the 1st of the C3 Shark years. This is a late year '68. Base L36 427 390HP, wide ratio 4 speed Muncie and 3.36 Positraction rear.
I cal it my "Plain Jane" Corvette as the only option other than the drivetrain is the AM-FM Stereo radio, pretty rare in 1968.
The above pic has the stock 15x7 Ralleys and F70 tires; I have a set of aftermarket 16x8 Chrome Ralleys with 255/50/16 Comp TA tites that make it sit lower. Lower is better. Grab 2nd gear and hit the throttle and the rubber has no chance. Car will start to slide.

I gave my old car to my BIL who lives in Gig Harbor, WA. He built a huge garage. Here's Mark installing the new soft top; you can see the aftermarket Ralleye wheels. I never had the top up...
68 new top side.jpeg

I've taken to washing the wife's car at oil change time. Garage has been 40F or so, dropping to freezing. Driveway slopes down to the road so I don't like icing it over--and it's a 20 mile roundtrip to a car wash. For this I decided to pressure wash, although I wish I had a portable leaf blower so as to blow the water off when done (it froze in nice little beads on the way home).

This was nothing but sand. Not salt. You're lucky if you can wash in the garage at this time of year!
View attachment 89463
Looks like nesquik powder

Its good to do you part and that makes you a good person. Its just my impression of CA in the last decade or two. No politics allowed here so can not comment further, just wanted to let you know my thought process. I wonder if the people passing the rules and regulations live by the same rules and regulations ... it doesnt even take barely a bucket of water to rinse off a car with a fine spray.
Sharp looking car BTW
;)

That pump up spray bottle makes quick work of covering the panels with solution versus using a spray bottle. Good idea on treating dirty panels.

Back