No hose carwash advice wanted

Silicon Valley is back in draught; we are not supposed to wash our cars using a garden hose. I take 2, or is it 3?, to the local Car Warsh; I have a $20 per month anytime deal.
The Tesla Model 3 stays in the garage and is not that dirty. And it is a small car, afterall.
How the heck do I warsh this thing?
2 buckets? A special car warsh product?

I appreciate your advice.

Is there a loophole for using a kitchen sink to fill your buckets or buying some jugs of water from a store?

I would say "oops my showerhead leaked into buckets and I really didn't want the water to go to waste with this drought"

Last edited:
When we lived in an apartment, I always washed my car and changed my oil in the middle of the night:D Wonder if you could do that, wash your car in the middle of the night sometime?

My aunt (San Fran, 2 Marin Co. locations and Burlingame) said warsh.

Also, I have a cousin who says "pawers" (rhymes with drawers) for paws.

The only mispronunciations either make.

When we lived in an apartment, I always washed my car and changed my oil in the middle of the night:D Wonder if you could do that, wash your car in the middle of the night sometime?
I'm sure I could, but that's not what I am after.
I am thinking 2 buckets...

Sponge bath time with a bucket or two, sponge and clear water. I wash the car this way in the cold of winter.

Maybe use a waterless wash spray? Spray, wipe off with a microfiber cloth. Easy.

I'm sure I could, but that's not what I am after.
I am thinking 2 buckets...
1 bucket is all I use for a moderately dirty car. Fill with water. Using towel, wash mitt or cleaning wipe of your choice, clean one panel at a time, then wipe dry with another towel. Continue to the next panel. For something not very dirty a spray detailer would work better.

When we lived in an apartment, I always washed my car and changed my oil in the middle of the night:D
Quite a few decades ago, I lived in an apartment complex and I changed by own oil. One night, probably at about 2:00 AM, I was just finishing up changing oil in the apartment parking lot and the apartment manager just happened to be driving by. My fenced-in patio deck has just received the five quarts of empty oil containers and all wrenches were put away. The used-oil pan was also out of sight. The only evidence of work being done was that I still had the hood up. He drove by and ripped me a new one. I told him my hood was up to check the dipstick. (And that was the truth :cool:) Still, to save face, he told me that from now on, I was to check my engine oil level elsewhere.

Quite a few decades ago, I lived in an apartment complex and I changed by own oil. One night, probably at about 2:00 AM, I was just finishing up changing oil in the apartment parking lot and the apartment manager just happened to be driving by. My fenced-in patio deck has just received the five quarts of empty oil containers and all wrenches were put away. The used-oil pan was also out of sight. The only evidence of work being done was that I still had the hood up. He drove by and ripped me a new one. I told him my hood was up to check the dipstick. (And that was the truth :cool:) Still, to save face, he told me that from now on, I was to check my engine oil level elsewhere.
Funny... My 1st home purchase was a little condo, with car work rules. I serviced my cars in broad daylight in my carport. The HOA guy, an older gentleman, came by to remind me that was against the rules; I could be fined, kicked out, etc. I told him to buy some oil and a filter and I would service his car as well. I probably helped 20 or more people in the 2 years I lived there. All good.

I understand the concern. But, if I'm paying the water bill, property taxes, et al. Well, I'm going to wash (warsh) my truck...Scientist postulate that there are vast oceans inside the continental plates. Another topic!

Back