No hose carwash advice wanted

I used to use Dri Wash on the motorcycles some 30 years ago. Spray it on, let it dry (looked like a light coat of wax) then wipe it off and lightly buff.

Silicon Valley is back in draught; we are not supposed to wash our cars using a garden hose. I take 2, or is it 3?, to the local Car Warsh; I have a $20 per month anytime deal.
The Tesla Model 3 stays in the garage and is not that dirty. And it is a small car, afterall.
How the heck do I warsh this thing?
2 buckets? A special car warsh product?

I appreciate your advice.
2 buckets. Soft car washing mitt. Mequier's car wash soap. Soft towel or shammy. All avail at Walmart

Lots of quality Rinseless car washes. Currently using ONR but next purchase will be Griots.
I like the Griot's even better. When they developed it, they bench tested it against ONR. The Griot's feels a tad slicker, and leaves nothing behind. The Critic got me into using it as an interior detailer also. Works great for that and isn't alcohol based, so it won't dry out any surfaces. Any rinseless wash will work well though. I was surprised the first time I used one.

I like the Griot's even better. When they developed it, they bench tested it against ONR. The Griot's feels a tad slicker, and leaves nothing behind. The Critic got me into using it as an interior detailer also. Works great for that and isn't alcohol based, so it won't dry out any surfaces. Any rinseless wash will work well though. I was surprised the first time I used one.

Watching the video at Griots I was surprised at the minimal amount of product that was sprayed onto the panels. Does your experience match that?

Watching the video at Griots I was surprised at the minimal amount of product that was sprayed onto the panels. Does your experience match that?
I pretreated the surface using a sprayer with the Rinseless wash, then followed up either with the big red sponge or a mf towel. It does look like they barely used any in that video.

This was the very first auto "detailing" product I ever purchased on advice from someone in the know. I still use it today and it still works as advertised. No waterless wash is for filthy muddy vehicles so common sense and quality MF towels are called for.

1644760070407.png

I pretreated the surface using a sprayer with the Rinseless wash, then followed up either with the big red sponge or a mf towel. It does look like they barely used any in that video.

I see that they have two distinct products. Their Rinseless Wash and the Spray and Wash. So you used both?

I see that they have two distinct products. Their Rinseless Wash and the Spray and Wash. So you used both?
Sorry I wasn't clear on that. No I spray the surface with the Rinseless Wash solution at 1oz per gallon (same was what is in the bucket). I make up a gallon and use that for pretreat and interiors. It's the same dilution as what you use in the bucket.

The Rinseless Washes can make for a decent quick detailer too. Dilution ratios vary. For ONR I think it's 16:1. Not sure about the Griot's.

This was the very first auto "detailing" product I ever purchased on advice from someone in the know. I still use it today and it still works as advertised. No waterless wash is for filthy muddy vehicles so common sense and quality MF towels are called for.

View attachment 88782
Poorboy's World Strip Down is one of the only products that actually remove existing waxes/sealants. Pretty impressive product. I had no idea they made such a thing until a few months ago. They have some good products.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. No I spray the surface with the Rinseless Wash solution at 1oz per gallon (same was what is in the bucket). I make up a gallon and use that for pretreat and interiors. It's the same dilution as what you use in the bucket.

The Rinseless Washes can make for a decent quick detailer too. Dilution ratios vary. For ONR I think it's 16:1. Not sure about the Griot's.

Okay I got ya. I watched some YT videos where they do the same.

Griots also has a Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash.

Okay I got ya. I watched some YT videos where they do the same.

Griots also has a Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash.
Yeah that's the one I use the Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash. ONR is based on some type of Soy polymer. Not sure what Griot's is.

The other popular ones I read good things about are the N-914 by McKees's and ECH20 from Carpro.

Back