no GC at autozone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Get the SKU code and have them look it up on the computers. they can order it in from their sister stores if they have any.

Quote:

I just checked one of the AutoZone's in Grand Rapids, Michigan today and they didn't have any, nor a spot on the shelf for it.

What store did you go to? Last week I went to the one on 60th near Kalamazoo Ave. and it had a place for it but was empty. I went to the Holland store and got 7 qts as I posted above.

Quote:

no GC left at AZ here...the spot on the shelf is still there but empty.....sorry guys but the GC party is over.

I just ordered 4 cases of GC here in Florida and I'm getting it at the promotion price with a rain check.

Got a great deal today at AZ.

I've been looking for M1 2T (2-cycle oil) and hadn't been able to find it. But today, just for giggles, I tried my nearest AZ location, which has never carried GC. So while I was there I took a look in Castrol section and viola - there was a rack of 0w30. The first 5 qts were M06 GC, and the rest was M01 stuff - so I bought the 5 GC's. In addition, I found the M1 oil - it was with regular M1 PCMO, not with the other 2-cycle oils.

Now for the good part. I went to the cash register and waited (several minutes) for someone to take my $$$. Finally a clerk came over and started scanning the bottles, without saying a word. I swiped my credit card and left the store, and then it hit me: I think I was only charged ~ $28.xx total. Evidently the guy scanned 1 GC and entered a quantity of six, and the computer gave me the sale price of $4.50. Pretty good deal considering the M1 was marked at $7.69. Brings my stash up to 27 Qts, which ought to last me for a couple of years.

^^^
I had a similar experience the first time I bought GC. I also was buying some M1 2T and they messed up the scans thinking all were alike. I think when it happened to me however they scanned the more expensive 2T instead.

....so you guys went back and corrected the error, just like you would if the mistake had been in their favour?

I always correct mistakes if I discover it, regardless of which way the error goes, for me or against me. Obviously many people don't.

I was back at Autozone to buy some urethane sealant and asked if they would be getting more GC in. He checked and said it was going to be discontinued but he pulled up the area stores inventory on the screen and I could see where all of it was. I went to the store with the most and bought all 19 qts they had at the sale price. That will last me long enough and I won't be buying more for a couple of years I would guess.

Went to my Autozone today and oddly enough all they had was one quart of Green. Weird. Last time I was there about several months ago they had dozens of quarts of gold. I bought the last quart of green to top off until my next change. Not sure what I'll go with next.

Went to the final "local" store around me, they had 12 quarts but refused to discount it. I asked if it was "sell through", explaining that another local store sold it to me for 4.XX/qt because its sell-thru. He barely glanced at the computer and looked at me like I was nuts (basically like why would Castrol Syntec be on sell-thru). Didnt feel like getting into it with him, so I politely put my 12 quarts back and left.

I have 16 quarts in my stash. Once thats gone, hopefully Mobil will have a better alternative out.

-Chris

Been hunting Green lately just for the heck of it. I went to two of my local stores today and found about 10 qts of Gold at one of them and 1 Green and 3 Gold at the other. No sign of it being discontinued at those two yet.

I've been mixing the Green and Gold (2 green / 2.75 gold) when changing. I have 2 changes worth of Gold on hand and will have 7 qts of Green left over. If I continue to mix, I should be able to stretch enerything out a little. A UOA of the mix from my Tacoma and my Matrix (all Gold in it now) will be coming soon.

Quote:

explaining that another local store sold it to me for 4.XX/qt because its sell-thru.

I bought it twice for 4.xx/qt last week but not because it was on sell-thru. All the Syntec was on sale last week but it ended on 4/4/07, at least around here. They definitely don't plan to stock it anymore in this area and they said they can't special order it anymore either.

interesting wish. I'll go back to mine and see if it can be still ordered at my local one. They said there has never been a sellthrough listed for it at all, and other sister stores had good stocks of it.

My local AZ still has a slot for GC, but there are only about 12 there, which is not bad. I don't think I am going to buy anymore of it anyway, I will probably get PP Euro from now on. Which means, I will have some GC to sell....

Middletown, RI AZ had only 2 OLD bottles of yellow label M01. Also checked the Southington, CT store and NOTHING on the shelf (still had the slot though).

This seriously upset me and I just had to come here to check it out. Looks like it's really happening. I've used this oil in 3 GM vehicles - 3100 V6, and two small blocks (350s) and they all love it. What am I supposed to do? I ended up buying that new Pennzoil synthetic for the 3100 but it made me sad to do it...
I will try NAPA and see what they can do.

I have 3 cases of M03 and M04 plus 2 loose quarts. I also have 5q of M02 that I'm just going to use for the heck of it this summer in my Acura. The rest, I'll stash in case I get a car that is better suited for it. No sense in storing M02, what, save 6-7 plus year old oil? I have so much other oil to use up. I think storing 3 cases of Green is reasonable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back