no GC at autozone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i forgot to mention. i didnt bother to ask any of the stores about "sell through" but all the stores that were out except one, no longer had a slot on the shelf for it, and that one said he hadnt seen it in quite a while, then pulled the tag off the shelf. lol.

also, i found it strange that 2 or 3 of the bottles i found had no date code printed on them. probably just a normal packaging mishap
smile.gif

Quote:

I tapped out 5 AZ stores in NE Atlanta suburbs today. One store was already dry but I was able to collect 24 quarts....

bretfraz,

If you want to increase your stash, try the 2 AZ at Conyers, the ones at Stockbridge (HWY 138), Mcdonough, and Covington. They have had GC Gold in the past.

ag.

Thanks AG! When I'm done pillaging the "norf'side" stores I'll head to the "souf'side" and see what's left.

I checked my local AZ today he had 16 quart of GC.
The manager said he has sold 1 quart this year.
The computer said sell through and he said that means he won't get anymore.

Some of you guys are going to be hoarding GC so tightly that you won't even dare use it for fear of not being able to get any more! Sounds like 1920 just before Prohibition went into effect. All that good liquor on the shelves but not daring to drink it because it couldn't be replaced! On a lighter note: I'm kinda bummed out because my bank manager says I can't store liquids in my safe deposit box! Darnnnnnn!

What ever happened to pscholte, perhaps the most ardent fan of GC on these boards? He seems to have disappeared.

Pscholte posted a week or two ago in the thread about Tony's passing. No comment there about why he has not been active, but at least he is still with us.

Hmmmm.....doesn't it seem just a bit suspicious that right around the time that pscholte disappeared, Autozone decided to stop selling it?
wink.gif

I went to my 2 most convenient Autozone's today after reading all the bad news above to see if I could still buy some GC. I got 7 qts from the first store before I found 2 '02 dusty bottles in the back. I left those on the shelf of course. I went to the next store and the location was empty and the gal working there said they had none. I've just started using it recently and haven't even had a chance to do a UOA in any of my cars using GC. I've got enough now for 2 more oil changes with the few bottles I already had. If it works well for me then I'll have to find another source if they quit carrying it.

At least it was on sale and I got it for about $4.70 per qt after tax.

Last edited:
Just wiped out the Milford, CT store.

8 quarts, all 2006 stuff. They were regular price, I asked the manager if they match other AZs that were on clearance (told him "4.something")....he gave em to me for 4.29/qt.

-Chris

iam new here someone explain to me what is german castrol and how you can determine it, why it it better? and whats green? the bottle or label ??

Quote:

iam new here someone explain to me what is german castrol and how you can determine it, why it it better? and whats green? the bottle or label ??

If you read through the first three threads in this forum, you'll know more than you probably ever wanted to know. Sort of a right of passage!

Just to add....wiped out the Stratford CT store too, except they only had 3 quarts.

1 was 2004 and 2 were 2005, so Im guessing they'll be green.
The 04 one has a different bottle than Im used to.

Apparently their sale ad has Syntec at 4.49/quart, but it doesnt list 0w-30 (presumably because they figure they dont sell it anymore). I got those 3 quarts at the sale price.

-Chris

Quote:

NAPA should take up the slack. iirc, they can order it.

I checked with my NAPA and they are unable to order GC.
They can order all of the other syntec weights, but
not the 0w-30 weight.

So NAPA is no help.
pat2.gif

Quote:

I checked with my NAPA and they are unable to order GC.
They can order all of the other syntec weights, but
not the 0w-30 weight.

So NAPA is no help.
pat2.gif

YIPE! Where's my nitroglycerine? If NAPA can't get GC 0W-30 then who else can? What's this world coming to, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back