New VW BRANDED OIL (have a look)

Originally Posted by riggaz
Quantum is VAG UK oil brand bud. In VAG workshops they tend to use Castrol and then over the counter sales or at TPS cenres they sell Quantum which is made by Fuchs in the UK.

I don't think the Quantum oils count towards dealer targets.

never heard of that brand.. overhere its castrol or M1 they use

Originally Posted by agpatel
I have posted VOA for 5w40

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5467322#Post5467322

^^^Thanks for that! ^^^

I'd rather use an oil that meets higher specs in addition to VW 502. This stuff (for obvious reasons) is only rated 502 as that's all VW cares about. I'd not be concerned about the dealer using it either though. The Castrol OE 5w40 was pretty similar, not much in it but calcium, ZDDP is higher in the new stuff though.

I just did a fill of black bottle Edge 5w40 that meets MB 229.5 among other things. Will be interesting to see if it has more goodies in it than the OE Castrol did.

The 0w30 is widely believed to be Mobil 1 ESP 0w30.

I am running it now, and I am planning to UOA it so it will be interesting what it looks like compared to ESP.

VAG-volkswagen auto group DONT blend its own oil but its something relabeled or prolly a blend to their specs. price is not bad so its surely group III fake synthetic at best. i used to dump my free oil change in my 2001 jetta 1.8T as soon as i got home, prolly castrol back then + not even synthetic for a PAO 10-30, but then the sump is just over 4 qts unlike newer models.

Well looks like VW/Audi has officially switched brands from Castrol to their own Branded oil. which you can see by the bottles is Mobil.

all other weight oil will all be under VW high performance oil (mobil)

this is the only oil ive seen so far! 0W30
This oil is rated 507.00 for all common-rail TDIs and fully backwards compatible with the 505.01 standard, too, making it suitable fro all TDIs

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What's this stuff going for in the world today? I saw a $7.88/quart price back in 2020 and just curious.

Is the 508.00 still presumptively Mobil I ESP?
I just bought a GTI and plan to do 5K drains between the 10K mile service.
Using the same oil as the dealer seems to make sense.

Bump from the grave. The VW oil comes in what matches a Mobil Super bottle, and ESP x2 is the only Mobil product that carries the cert, so it'd be reasonable to assume VW is repackaged ESP. Between this forum and VW forums, many have pointed out that you can usually get the VW 508.00 bottles cheaper at the dealer parts counter than you can find ESP X2 online. Would check with the dealer first before buying a box of X2.

Otherwise, check FCP Euro for an oil change kit with VW quarts. Can't remember if they have it, but they do lifetime returns (incl used lubes).

Back