New tire pressure gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
A $10 quartz watch from Wally's is more accurate than a 10K Rolex automatic but would you want to be stranded on a deserted island with it.

Why do I care about the time when I am on the deserted island? All I want to do is to sip some Mai Tais and enjoy the beach. Time has no meaning on my deserted island.

Seriously, having a digital gauges does not imply that is more precise or more accurate. What I really look for in a gauge is the ability to take the reading without losing any measurable amount of air. Some of them are pain to use.

True enough. I only said " But its digital" because Overkill didn't want digital, he wanted a precision mechanical.
He knew what he wanted knowing full well there may have been a digital unit out there that was possibly more accurate.

Agreed not all "digitals" are created equal. Take some digital thermometers for example, try a few on the same object and you will probably get more than 1% variance.
I have 3 here and all 3 give a different reading none are within 1% more like 10% of a glass tube thermometer.

Similar in price and quality to the Intercomp 360045, I have the Buxton Engineering TG-1-D. Although it's not as accurate at 0.25% of full scale (100 lb), it is rated to a million pressure cycles. Sure that's overkill, but it remains one of my favorite possessions.

Such a nice looking Gerät !
smile.gif

Man if this thing only had a bleed-off valve
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Such a nice looking Gerät !
smile.gif

Man if this thing only had a bleed-off valve
frown.gif

It was available with one, I just didn't get one with it.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
It was available with one, I just didn't get one with it.

Do you have a link for the one with bleeder?

It is in that PDF I posted a link to. Scroll through, they have a pile of models
smile.gif

Gah! So Even if I wanted to buy one here, I can't
frown.gif

Nobody sells the darn thing.

These are the models they have:
What I want is this one:
Model: RM/4W
0-4 bar (0-57 psi)
mit Winkelanschluss 90° - so...that means no HOSE anschluss ???

What I want is a HOSE anschlüss with a bleed off valve for 0-50 PSI or so!

And Germans SUCK at web-site design
frown.gif

OVERKILL - which model is yours exactly?
And how does one contract Meister Trav to obtain one?

Model: RM/4W:
I think this one comes with an Ablass-valve - (the pic linked on Flaig.de is wrong and shows a 0-37 PSI model)
look:
http://www.flaig-präzision.de/produkte/reifenfuell-und-messgeraete/reifendruckmessgeraete/pkw-motorrad-fahrrad.html

RDM900RF100_Schlauch.jpg

I have the RM/10FL. Go to the trucks/buses page and you'll see a pic of it on the top with the bleed-off valve.

You want this one: RDM900RF100-4, 0

It is the one in your picture with the bleed valve and 0-57psi range.

Wait... I can buy this same thing at Harbor Freight for like $1.37 after using a coupon, and get a free LED flashlight at the same time. Right???

wink.gif

I just saw Bell Automotive 22-5-00874-8 Dial Tire Gauge with Hose (and 6" straight extension/chuck?) at Big Lots for $5 ($6?)...if I didn't already have 2 gauges...

Last edited:
I know we arent supposed to feed the harbor freight trolls
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wait... I can buy this same thing at Harbor Freight for like $1.37 after using a coupon, and get a free LED flashlight at the same time. Right???

wink.gif

While you cant buy that air gauge at HF you could buy this Good Year Made In The USA AIR hose for use with your compressor to air up those tires after using the gauge.

34.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
A $10 quartz watch from Wally's is more accurate than a 10K Rolex automatic but would you want to be stranded on a deserted island with it.

Why do I care about the time when I am on the deserted island? All I want to do is to sip some Mai Tais and enjoy the beach. Time has no meaning on my deserted island.

Seriously, having a digital gauges does not imply that is more precise or more accurate. What I really look for in a gauge is the ability to take the reading without losing any measurable amount of air. Some of them are pain to use.

I like the way you think Vikas!

In my quest for best cheapie but ergonomic gauge I drew the conclusion that a digital electronic type has the potential to be very precise (repeatable), but that the reading depended on the battery voltage, new battery vs year old battery read higher PSI. Same result for three gauges bought years apart. Slime brand gauge with hose. Reads to 0.1 PSI. I compared mine against a calibrated gauge, and it was within 0.3 or better agreement. Amazon reviews for it has complaints though, but some people are just never happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back