New Penzoil GF-6A looks weak, frail...

I'm wondering how the new rebadged QS synth will be. I haven't seen it in the stores yet. I just emailed QS to ask them the moly ppm of the 10W30. I'll post their reply when I get it.

That's what I get for thinking that this site would actually be able to educate people. I've been away on a self-imposed vacation for a couple months, and was hoping that while I was gone some of the massive amounts of real, proven data and analysis would sink in to some of these people with zero reading comprehension ability.

Boy was I wrong. I come back and see people continuing to pick "better" oils based on UOAs, and discounting the quality of oils from major manufacturers even when an oil satisfies every single performance requirement and standard. It's almost like the past 20+ years of scientific and technological advancement of oils haven't happened. "Pennzoil should learn about engine oil blending from Dollar General!" they effectively say. :rolleyes:

*** is the point of performance standards and standardized testing if you're going to disregard and discount the results, while having a complete lack of evidence to prove your wack theory? Last time I checked, performance standards test to a set of objective numbers, NOT subjective adjectives.

That's what I get for thinking that this site would actually be able to educate people. I've been away on a self-imposed vacation for a couple months, and was hoping that while I was gone some of the massive amounts of real, proven data and analysis would sink in to some of these people with zero reading comprehension ability.

Boy was I wrong. I come back and see people continuing to pick "better" oils based on UOAs, and discounting the quality of oils from major manufacturers even when an oil satisfies every single performance requirement and standard. It's almost like the past 20+ years of scientific and technological advancement of oils haven't happened. "Pennzoil should learn about engine oil blending from Dollar General!" they effectively say. :rolleyes:

*** is the point of performance standards and standardized testing if you're going to disregard and discount the results, while having a complete lack of evidence to prove your wack theory? Last time I checked, performance standards test to a set of objective numbers, NOT subjective adjectives.
Maybe folks could meet in the middle and request that a “smoothness” test be added. 😷

PZ trying to hasten the end of the internal combustion engine, must want everyone to switch to electric... 💡
Seriously, until there is extensive experience & UOAs with these new oils, there's no way to tell whether they'll damage anything or not!

Back