New Pennzoil ULTRA PDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Originally Posted By: hbs06
Has there been any verification that the NOACK is correct?

No, and the consensus from those that would know is that the numbers are impossibly low and therefore not correct..

I would like to see PQIA verify these PDSs, it seems too good to be true.

Even GTL basestocks don't have NOACK percentages anywhere near that low.

Given the info that we do have on these oils, I'm not buying it. Although they are now highlighting low volatility as a primary feature.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

No, and the consensus from those that would know is that the numbers are impossibly low and therefore not correct..

Given the info that we do have on these oils, I'm not buying it. Although they are now highlighting low volatility as a primary feature.
21.gif

I bet it's accurate. Otherwise one of the "Features" of the oil wouldn't be "Low Volatility Oil". They went out of there way to mention that.

VERY interesting.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

21.gif

I bet it's accurate. Otherwise one of the "Features" of the oil wouldn't be "Low Volatility Oil". They went out of there way to mention that.

I'll take that bet!
Pennzoil commonly posts errors in their PDS spec's.
For example they're still showing the HTHSV of their Ultra Euro L 5W-30 at 3.68cP, the same for their Euro 5W-40 although the KV spec's are lower and the correct 3.5cP is shown on their European website.

But regarding the US Ultra 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 grades, how can the 5W-20 NOACK figure be lower than for their 5W-30? Only if they're using heavier base oils which makes no sense.
But the main point as Ben99GT pointed out, is that the NOACK figures are even lower than the base oils for the best GTL fluids. And I don't even know of any suitably low viscosity PAO and Group V oils with NOACK percentages that low.

It's the future man!!
grin.gif

Only time will tell. We've wanted this confirmed for a couple of months now.

It's the future man!!
grin.gif

Only time will tell. We've wanted this confirmed for a couple of months now.

The spec's are wrong, it's just a matter of how wrong.
If they claimed NOACK of 10, 9 and 8 for the three grades 5W-20 through 10W-30 it would still be impressive for the first GTL oil to hit the market. The reality is going to be something like that.

Wonder how many Mobil1 fanboys are gonna jump the wagon.
24.gif
maybe Mobil1 will be comparable to new PP when it gets updated too. Jk.

Quote:

No it cant be, it just cant be i say, they are lying to us and publishing bad data to trick us into buying this oil!
lol.gif

I think they are looking seriously at deposit control in DFI engines.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Quote:

No it cant be, it just cant be i say, they are lying to us and publishing bad data to trick us into buying this oil!
lol.gif

I think they are looking seriously at deposit control in DFI engines.

Bingo
grin.gif

I think it's under $100 to have it tested. Anyone interested?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: buster
smile.gif

I'll put $10 towards that. There has to be 10 of us that want to know with certainty!

Originally Posted By: buster
smile.gif

I'll put $10 towards that. There has to be 10 of us that want to know with certainty!

No. Its not worth it.

BITOG should inform Shell / Pennzoil regarding the matter unless already done.

I am sure Amsoil, Valvoline, Castrol or Mobil will pick on the representation of data if there is one.

Originally Posted By: virginoil
BITOG should inform Shell / Pennzoil regarding the matter unless already done.

It's already been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back