New Pennzoil Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see anywhere that Pennzoil is claiming 4K OCI.
This is what they say..
Quote:
My manufacturer recommends changing the oil between 5,000 – 7,000 miles. Should I follow the manufacturer’s recommendations?

Service your vehicle’s engine with a Pennzoil® motor oil, in the service classification and viscosity grade that is appropriate for your vehicle as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer. SOPUS Products requires you to change your vehicle’s oil and oil filter at least as often as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Reference information about vehicle manufacturer recommended oil and oil filter change intervals is available upon enrollment in the Pennzoil Lubrication Limited Warranty website

Trav, It maybe because when the original warranty program from Pennzoil was implemented with the requirement for the engine guaranty was a 4K OCI on Pennzoil products. But it has seen changed to change your oil and follow factory recommendations. This change in the warranty has been in effect for quite some time.

Trav, the 4,000 mile number was from their Q&A and on the SM formulation. It wasn't the upper limit of their OCI (obviously it could go longer) but was the length where Sopus could essentially "guarantee" that their oil could keep an engine cleaner than Mobil, Castrol, etc. In other words, Ultra could keep an engine cleaner than said competition up to 4,000 miles but there were no guarantees beyond that number,e.g., Mobil or Valvoline could potentially maintain a cleaner engine from the 4001-15,000 OCI. It was a real eye opener for many of us. Is there any way to find that Q&A?

Pennzoil is making some top notch oils these days. Ultra is fantasitc as is PP.

Pennzoil avoided using Mobil 1 EP or AFE, both of which have better high temperature properties than regular Mobil 1.

PP shows an 8% improvement over regular M1, so it's basically a wash. If I was not using Mobil 1, I'd use Pennzoil. Good stuff.

http://www.mobil.us/USA-English-LCW/carengineoils_product-comparison-chart.aspx

Under High Temp, AFE and EP have 3 checks vs the 2 for regular M1.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back