NEW grades of Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennzoil Platinum® Motor Oils

Available Grades include:
5W-20, 10W-30, 10W-40, 5W-30
In addition to its adaptive molecules, Pennzoil Platinum® contains unique additive formulation. This formulation provides superior protection against engine wear and deposit formation compared to conventional and synthetic blend motor oil, helping to reduce piston ring-sticking and metal-on-metal contact in the engine.

Pennzoil Platinum® with adaptive molecules is available in a variety of viscosity grades: 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30, 0W-30 and 5W-30 Euro Ultra. Pennzoil Platinum® is available in the following viscosity grades: 5W-50, 15W-50, 5W-40 Euro, 5W-30 Euro Ultra Diesel and 0W-20, without adaptive molecule technology.

Pennzoil Platinum® meets demanding motor oil specifications such as:
ILSAC GF-4
API SM
ACEA A1/B1-04
ACEA A5/B5-04
GM 4718M and GM 6094M
Acura/Honda HTO-06
DaimlerChrysler MS 6395L and MS 6395M
Ford WSS-M2C929-A and WSS-M2C930-A

Now that they make a distiction between the ones that do or do not have "adaptive molecules", I am now wondering what formulation component they're actually referring to. Any ideas? If we could just find some of these other viscosities in the common stores.

10w-40 is nice to see if it's widely available. I hope they don't water down the product line too much and loose market share.

Good line up. Buster - can you do your best Colombo act and call, plus email them to see if you can get any hint at what part of the additive pack the "adaptive molecules" are? I know they won't give you the formula but, we love to speculate on a tiny shard of information.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Good line up. Buster - can you do your best Colombo act and call, plus email them to see if you can get any hint at what part of the additive pack the "adaptive molecules" are? I know they won't give you the formula but, we love to speculate on a tiny shard of information.

LOL.gif
I'll see what I can do.

I think Adaptive Molecules refers to a specific type of polymeric viscosity index improvers, but maybe Columbo, I mean buster, will find out from the horses mouth.

adaptive molecules = more Marketing
06.gif

Lucky for Pennzoil their oils at least for the sale $$ perform well.

That means more to me than Calenders wrinkling up and then smoothing out cause there is a quart of PP on the counter...
smirk2.gif

Bill

Originally Posted By: JAG
I think Adaptive Molecules refers to a specific type of polymeric viscosity index improvers, but maybe Columbo, I mean buster, will find out from the horses mouth.

You are absolutely correct.

Bill, chill. All oil companies have stupid advertising. At least Pennzoil or should I say Shell does not drop sludge out of the sky at the hamburger stand.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Bill, chill. All oil companies have stupid advertising. At least Pennzoil or should I say Shell does not drop sludge out of the sky at the hamburger stand.
grin2.gif

Johnny,

Please.
smirk2.gif

Go look at my other posts about marketing (right Buster?) and see how I post about Castrol or Mobil.

I've been 10000% harder on them (both) than Pennzoil.

(reason? They make Pennzoil look like they do not have marketing)

If its stupid, I'm going to call it.

Again, Go look and see that I'm even with my posting about $@#%^
06.gif
marketing.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Johnny

grin2.gif

I personally like the arrogant looking guy in the Camaro with his girlfriend that gets sludged as he starts through the stoplight, HE DESERVES IT...

just imho, ymmv
darrell
sin city

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Pablo, you deserve this.....

Pablo can you call up or email Amsoil and ask them how they expect to market an engine oil and state the oil is good for up to 35K? Maybe if you use a hotmail e-address or cell phone and call yourself Mr. Gore they will give you an answer. If they question you....tell them you invented the internet!

I think it's a Mitsubishi 3000GT, not a Camaro. But the kid in the Neon at the hamburger place was once in The Mighty Ducks movie
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I wish that I could locate the PP 5w30 or 5w40 euro on a retail basis. Seems like the only place that I can find these grades is on line.

I've personally been searching for the 0W-20 grade for awhile. Neither NAPA, AZ, or AAP have been able to tell me when they're expecting it...

My mother's Honda Pilot, my sis' Ford Escape, and my gpa's Continental will all run on it as soon as it is widely available.

UOAs would soon follow :)

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
I think it's a Mitsubishi 3000GT, not a Camaro. But the kid in the Neon at the hamburger place was once in The Mighty Ducks movie
grin2.gif

Yep, it was either a 3000GT or a Dodge Stealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back