New Garage

Most people go from VT to FL, not from FL to VT.

Do you have family in VT?

You do realize it snows (a lot) in VT?

Do you know how to snow ski?
LOL. We get that a lot.:)

To answer your questions.....
No family in Vermont. What's this snow thing that you speak of? Never skied in my life.

LOL. We get that a lot.:)

To answer your questions.....
No family in Vermont. What's this snow thing that you speak of? Never skied in my life.
When I worked in Connecticut, I finally found out what a Nor'easter is and the punch it can pack. I don't miss that amount of snow they can generate. Make sure you have some good snow clearing equipment.

More progress today.
1605041670586.jpg

1605041720184.jpg

1605041764972.jpg

This is all you need for roof clearing; the roof razor. I did not see if you garage is going to be heated.

It is not clear why the company uses such a poor video to demonstrate the product; it works better than shown IMHO.

I use it to clear the roof in an unheated summer place in ME; several tons of snow (no exaggeration) can be cleared/hour.

Progress is being made on the garage but it seems to be agonizingly slow. The New England winter is just about upon us and I still need to get my excavation contractor out here to grade around the slab before the ground freezes solid.
1605805337645.png

OP, I live in New England but I retire I will end up in northern Maine or NH! Not going south!!

Love the garage! Hope to have a similar setup in my retirement some day.

I know it’s probably too late since the header is up but 10’ wide doors make turning into a garage much easier. It’s hard to tell how straight your approach will be from the photos. Either way, it beats parking outside!

I know it’s probably too late since the header is up but 10’ wide doors make turning into a garage much easier. It’s hard to tell how straight your approach will be from the photos. Either way, it beats parking outside!
Now that you've brought it up, 10' doors wold have been nice. We have already upgraded several items and our budget is busting at the seams so we will have to live with it.

The excavator is here today and the roof is progressing. I should have new pics to share in a day or two.

Reactions: JC1
Looks fantastic! Jealous, in a good way.
When walking from house to garage in January, walk in the deep snow next to icy path. Avoid walking on ice. Order something like these now https://www.rei.com/product/760280/yaktrax-walkers-traction-system. There are various types but this style is inexpensive, easy to use, and can transfer from one pair of shoes/boots to another pair easily. Won't tear up carpet when you forget you're wearing them either.
Looking forward to more pics.

Looks great! Make sure you keep the snow off the back wall throughout the winter if you get as much as I imagine you do.

Back