New Garage

The wife and I retired last month and moved to our Vermont cabin as our full time home. With 1500sf it's quite a bit smaller than the home that we raised our three kids in and that we recently sold in Florida. But the cabin does have a full unfinished basement that is unheard of in flat wet Florida.

We bought our cabin in the woods back in 2013 and it's been our summer vacation home until now. It came with what I would call a 1.5 car garage, so you could probably park one car and maybe a motorcycle.
1597512239955.png

I have too many toys and stuff. So my plan is to have a 3-car garage built with an open carport on one end for my Kubota tractor so that I can store all of my stuff there and use the original garage as my little shop. We encountered a few issues with elevation and ledge but finally found an excavator that could and would prepare a site for the garage.

Nothing that an excavator or two can't handle!
1597512654702.png

1597512693667.png

1597512752775.png

But now I finally have a level site ready for the concrete guy to do his thing.
1597512937297.png

That is beautiful.. Everything!

Cabin looks great. I'm having an Amish outfit put a metal roof on my house in a few weeks. They probably build a mean garage too.

That is beautiful.. Everything!

Cabin looks great. I'm having an Amish outfit put a metal roof on my house in a few weeks. They probably build a mean garage too.

Thanks! Anything other than a metal roof is not an option for me.

Reactions: JTK
Did you cut up all those logs for firewood? I hope you are not getting all the rain like we've had down here in the Southeast about all summer.

Did you cut up all those logs for firewood? I hope you are not getting all the rain like we've had down here in the Southeast about all summer.

Nope. It was pine and we have a pellet stove so the logs were hauled off to the sawmill.

Not too much rain here but I am really to new to New England to know what is normal rainfall for this time of year.:unsure:

Enjoy brotha. Happy for you. VT is a great state. Chester is a ok! I was born in NE live in NY. I spend a lot of my time in your area mountain biking. Coming form FL the winter can get you deep in the bones but either ride a fatbike or cross country ski, of snow machine it. As a salty NE'dr the only season that gets me in VT is early spring.....MUD SEASON. Reeks havoc on every day life. A lot of roads in and around Chester are paved so not too bad :cautious:

Congrats! I had family in Chester until mid-2019. I really enjoyed visiting & exploring that area! Spent Christmas 2018 there!
As I recall, the nearest pharmacy & large grocery store are in Springfield, about 10 miles away.

Back