New Fram Extended Performance motor oil

Just a heads up….

Fram Extended Performance motor oil now available at AAP. It’s $35.99 for a 5 qt container with a Carqurst Blue oil filter or Fram Titanium oil filter. The containers say in larger print “ Advanced Full Synthetic “ too but underneath the SAE and grade oil it states “ Extended Performance “ too.

I know Amalie makes these Fram oils. I wonder what they did to make this a EP motor oil ?

Ohh and by the way….

Holy cow … The unicorns have been rounded up and herded together for the first time in like 5 years.

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum motor oil now being sold at AAP in a combo deal too. I think it’s like $43.99 for a 5 qt container of PUP and a Fram Titanium or Carquest Blue oil filter combo deal. Which is actually fairly reasonable for a regular everyday deal here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. The best value is the oil and filter combination matched for the OCI one has chosen. In my case, my owners manual specifies a 6,000 mile OCI and full synthetic motor oil. For $31 I purchase Pennzoil full synthetic partnered with a Fram Tough Guard or Purolator One. Both filters are rated for 15,000 miles so theoretically I could leave them on for 2 OCIs. They also have an excellent filtration performance of 99% efficiency @ 20 microns.

If Pennzoil Ultra was at Wally World it would be $32 … and new welfare Fram Ultra is probably $11 now…. It was $27.97 aka $28 and that was 9 years ago.
Now it would be $32 so the total is $43 plus tax.

Not all that much difference between this deal at AAP and dealing with the world champions at Wally World. Like a $1… I will gladly pay a dollar not to need to deal with a mass of champions and have to walk such a long way around a massive store.

If Pennzoil Ultra was at Wally World it would be $32 … and new welfare Fram Ultra is probably $11 now…. It was $27.97 aka $28 and that was 9 years ago.

Not all that much difference between this deal at AAP and dealing with the world champions at Wally World. Like a $1… I will gladly pay a dollar not to need to deal with a mass of champions and have to walk such a long way around a massive store.
walking is good for you....

😳😳😳

walking is good for you....
Not when you a illness……. That can be NOT good.

Over doing is NOT good.

Of course… doing nothing is not good either. No doubt.

A balance is needed. Some days I’m able to do everything and never even think about it. Other days…. I struggle.

Last edited:

Just saying….

I don’t like large large amounts of people in stores…

I like people… I enjoy people. A lot.

I even enjoy large gatherings with people at a event. I did a presentation one time in front of 600 people. I really did enjoy that experience… Shook many peoples hands and hugged many of them too. It was a amazing experience.

I just don’t like store crowds. Especially at Wally worlds or shopping malls.

Just a heads up….

Fram Extended Performance motor oil now available at AAP. It’s $35.99 for a 5 qt container with a Carqurst Blue oil filter or Fram Titanium oil filter. The containers say in larger print “ Advanced Full Synthetic “ too but underneath the SAE and grade oil it states “ Extended Performance “ too.

I know Amalie makes these Fram oils. I wonder what they did to make this a EP motor oil ?

Ohh and by the way….

Holy cow … The unicorns have been rounded up and herded together for the first time in like 5 years.

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum motor oil now being sold at AAP in a combo deal too. I think it’s like $43.99 for a 5 qt container of PUP and a Fram Titanium or Carquest Blue oil filter combo deal. Which is actually fairly reasonable for a regular everyday deal here.
I’d like to know what any of them do to make it an EP oil, because I used to think it was higher quality base stocks..and then Mobil1 slashes the PAO down by 50% in some weights. And then you look at the add packs, well they look identical when compared to their “normal oil” (in some brads). So what’s the difference? If companies are reducing PAO because of cost, and the add packs look very similar, what’s making these things extended performance?

As for Amalie, I’ve always considered them your run of the mill, meet the requirements and certifications, type oil. Do they start releasing their own extended performance oil now? I don’t see why not if they’re blending one for someone else...and I don’t see why not IF it doesn’t have to be much different anyway. Are there any sort of regulations on this stuff now? On extended performance oil? Is there any accountability on this stuff now? Like, let’s say their regular oil is capable of making it 20,000 miles - does that mean they can just slap an EP sticker on a different bottle and charge a few bucks more, and call it extended performance? As a consumer I’m curious. Because I usually buy extended performance oil (Mobil1). And I’ve considered others.

I’d like to know what any of them do to make it an EP oil, because I used to think it was higher quality base stocks..and then Mobil1 slashes the PAO down by 50% in some weights. And then you look at the add packs, well they look identical when compared to their “normal oil” (in some brads). So what’s the difference? If companies are reducing PAO because of cost, and the add packs look very similar, what’s making these things extended performance?

As for Amalie, I’ve always considered them your run of the mill, meet the requirements and certifications, type oil. Do they start releasing their own extended performance oil now? I don’t see why not if they’re blending one for someone else...and I don’t see why not IF it doesn’t have to be much different anyway. Are there any sort of regulations on this stuff now? On extended performance oil? Is there any accountability on this stuff now? Like, let’s say their regular oil is capable of making it 20,000 miles - does that mean they can just slap an EP sticker on a different bottle and charge a few bucks more, and call it extended performance? As a consumer I’m curious. Because I usually buy extended performance oil (Mobil1). And I’ve considered others.

Great post doublebase…

And I like you wonder what changes were made to this Amalie Fram oil that made it EP oil ?

And like you stated very well … Mobil 1 EP has the exact same addictive package as the rest of their lineup and so does Valvoline EP as well.

So I like you wonder what changes were made here?

If it is actually better or more higher percentage of real full synthetic base oils and the same additive package… then it may well be worth it.

And at the price with a good oil filter… it’s not a bad deal either at AAP.

Great post doublebase…

And I like you wonder what changes were made to this Amalie Fram oil that made it EP oil ?

And like you stated very well … Mobil 1 EP has the exact same addictive package as the rest of their lineup and so does Valvoline EP as well.

So I like you wonder what changes were made here?

If it is actually better or more higher percentage of real full synthetic base oils and the same additive package… then it may well be worth it.

And at the price with a good oil filter… it’s not a bad deal either at AAP.
I don’t think we’re ever going to know. I don’t think anyone is regulating these claims. The companies that sell extended performance oils, clearly state to follow manufacturer oil change interval recommendations (or along those lines). Mobil1 does extensive testing to their oils, I trust them to a certain extent, but I don’t believe that any of this stuff is regulated beyond meeting certification/licensing requirements. And I don’t believe there is a certification or license that classifies/approves an oil to be an extended drain interval oil.

But I’ll tell yeah. I’ve used the old formula Mobil1 EP 0W20 for a 10,000 mile run, and the used oil analysis came back beautiful. Then again, it’s supposed to be a 20,000 mile oil - would the regular Mobil1 0W20 have given me the same results? I don’t know, but I imagine the regular Mobil1 can also easily handle a 10,000 mile drain on a well functioning engine, that is known for being easy on oil (non turbo, non direct injection).

Just saying….

I don’t like large large amounts of people in stores…

I like people… I enjoy people. A lot.

I even enjoy large gatherings with people at a event. I did a presentation one time in front of 600 people. I really did enjoy that experience… Shook many peoples hands and hugged many of them too. It was a amazing experience.

I just don’t like store crowds. Especially at Wally worlds or shopping malls.
I have to agree that a crowded walmart is to be avoided if at all possible.

I prefer walmart at 8 am Sunday...I'm in and out before the rough crowd gets out of bed and before the judgment crowd gets out of their weekly fashion show. And all the store scooters are still in the stable if my legs don't work.

Why would I even deal with the World of Champions or walk around Wally World? No not when I can get it shipped to the house for free.

I just ordered oil from Amazon. Left Wally World about an hour ago and inventory was horrible.
Tired of dealing with those folks

You buy just about any blend of premium full synthetic oil of your favorite Brand name for less money at Walmart.
You can buy Mobil1, Castrol Edge, Pennzoil , any brand for less money.

Back