Fram motor oil

I was going to say, I know I've bought Fram oil back in 2010, it was a blend and the price was not bad. Label on the back even showed it was made by ConocoPhillips, which now I think they sold off with their other downstream assets as Phillips 66?

I saw a Fram-branded oil a few years ago. At the time it was Motorcraft/Kendall. If you ever see it, take a picture of the bottle for us :)
Ok here are the pics, conventional, son't see any syn yet. In backstock but not on shelves yet for pricig.

Attachments

• fram.jpg
    fram.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 177
  • fram1.jpg
    fram1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 176
Appears from the bottle its alamie licensed fram product
AAP slowly killing off the car quest brand

I had seen Kendall / Phillips branded Fram oil out on the road somewhere in Iowa or SD a year or so back

Two diff styles of bottle looks like the amalie bottle on some
Crazy the branding game they are playing
STP and FRAM from the same blender but filters from both brands also from multiple suppliers

Their new flyer has quite a decent pricing for the combos
$25.99 for full syn + fram titanium

I thought the same thing.. . For a regular every day routine deal $25.99 is not too shabby.

A Fram Ultra ahhh I mean Titanium and a legitimate Dexos approved oil puts the oil at say $15.99 plus ten bucks for that top of the line filter. Not bad for a regular every day deal.

Just stopped by Advance for a hand pump and noticed the Fram Transmission fluid on the shelf.
Bottled by Amalie Oil Company. Easily can see the AOC stamped in the bottom of the bottle
Should be good stuff.

Attachments

• 2C2E7412-C46C-4DEB-8555-A6C6FD4FEA1B.jpeg
    2C2E7412-C46C-4DEB-8555-A6C6FD4FEA1B.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 159
  • EB5FF84A-C64A-421B-9AD3-32049212E1CA.jpeg
    EB5FF84A-C64A-421B-9AD3-32049212E1CA.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 160
I went to AAP the other day for oil for my wife's car. Sure enough there was no Carquest oil to be found, but lots of Fram oil. So I grabbed a 5 qt jug of 10/30 full Synthetic. Dropped the old oil, and in with the new. I don't expect anything at all to be different from the last change. The only thing that would make me sing it's praises would be, if it wasn't consumed at the same rate as the CQ branded oil. Her car seems to eat any brand of oil you stick in it. I've taken to throwing a 1/2 qt of 20/50 wt in the mix just help the consumption. Seems to extend the 1/2 qt every 750 moles to about 1/2 qt every 1500 miles. The motor sounds fine and it doesn't seem to effect the gas mileage. I do what I do because Chevy didn't want to correct their problem under warranty. And using dexos rated oil only puts $$$ in chevy's pocket. Being there is no "dexos ingredient" in the oil to warrant using it, I can't see a reason to use it. And if her motor ever gets damaged by not using a "dexos rated oil", I'll be the first to post it here.,,,

I went to AAP the other day for oil for my wife's car. Sure enough there was no Carquest oil to be found, but lots of Fram oil. So I grabbed a 5 qt jug of 10/30 full Synthetic. Dropped the old oil, and in with the new. I don't expect anything at all to be different from the last change. The only thing that would make me sing it's praises would be, if it wasn't consumed at the same rate as the CQ branded oil. Her car seems to eat any brand of oil you stick in it. I've taken to throwing a 1/2 qt of 20/50 wt in the mix just help the consumption. Seems to extend the 1/2 qt every 750 moles to about 1/2 qt every 1500 miles. The motor sounds fine and it doesn't seem to effect the gas mileage. I do what I do because Chevy didn't want to correct their problem under warranty. And using dexos rated oil only puts $$$ in chevy's pocket. Being there is no "dexos ingredient" in the oil to warrant using it, I can't see a reason to use it. And if her motor ever gets damaged by not using a "dexos rated oil", I'll be the first to post it here.,,,

It’s the same stuff.

I Have an '18 Forester XT and '22 Forester Limited. I used this oil and Titanium Filter in the last oil change for each. I have only 13K miles on the '22 but 5500 miles on this oil. I know its too early to sample but as soon as my Blackstone Bottle arrives I will pull a sample and base my change mileage on the results. I will go at least 8K ion the results warrant it.

Having sample results is good in case the engine fails (warranty). I am really anxious to see how the oil performs. But I have been on this forum enough to know "Oil is Oil". They all perform about the same. I don't believe there is an analysis in the UOA section.

Back