New ES350 Owner!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new Lexus ES350 and traded in my 2000 Max for $1250.

I paid invoice price with navigation totalled $38G and I am hoping the ES350 will be less of a PM headache and I definetly love the ride.

I am getting old enough to avoid getting under these vehicles, I was thoroughly tired of my max -- as long as I drove my max I loved it. But something has to go to take its spot and that is my ES350.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
I bought a new Lexus ES350 and traded in my 2000 Max for $1250.

Congrats, ES350Guy!
smile.gif

The ES350 may just be a glitzy Camry, but they are nice cars. I bet it is smooth and quiet.

Congrats!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
The ES350 may just be a glitzy Camry, but they are nice cars. I bet it is smooth and quiet.

Congrats!

+1

I am so sad to see you threw away the Maxima for $1250. I wish I could have bought it from you. Unfortunately, I am thousands of miles from you.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I am so sad to see you threw away the Maxima for $1250. I wish I could have bought it from you.

Yeah, seriously. That's a very low trade-in value. Was it in really bad shape or had unusually high miles?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I am so sad to see you threw away the Maxima for $1250. I wish I could have bought it from you.

Yeah, seriously. That's a very low trade-in value. Was it in really bad shape or had unusually high miles?

Same thoughts here.

I am so sad to see you threw away the Maxima for $1250. I wish I could have bought it from you. Unfortunately, I am thousands of miles from you.

- Vikas

I was wondering this too. The KBB value on our Accord is still around $5500.

Originally Posted By: addyguy

Not to mention hauls (enter cennsored word here) pretty well.

V-6 Camrys and ES350s are surprisingly fast in a straight line. 0-60 in the low-to-mid 6 second range (sometimes measured in the upper 5s). Now, come to a bend in the road......

Probably still out-handle my cressida.
THAT thing is a wallowing pig in the corners (for a sedan).
gas-a-justnotenoughdampingforce.
lol

The camry SE does a bit better.
Haven't driven an ES since they first swapped to the GR engine.

Originally Posted By: Rix
Probably still out-handle my cressida.

Even a non-SE Camry handles better than most give it credit for. Even in Motor Trend's Figure-8 test, a non-SE Camry out-paced a Ford Fusion, and the Fusion is supposed to be the star of the midsize handling show.

- Vikas

yes, it is sad -- the car was part of our family and we both (me and wife) miss it. But then one has to let go and move on.

It is 197K miles on it. Perfect working condition with a real VC leak. New mounts, bearings, water pump, tires, PS pump (my wife shouldn't know abt this, she was kept in the dark on the pump, if she got to know it, she will throw me out of the house $400), alternator. All 197K miles unabused engine/tranny. Even today the max will be quicker than my ES350, trust me on that.

But as I said it was bleeding me and couldn't afford to maintain it. Got 200K of it, what more...its time someone else drove it..

I have 2000 Maxima myself and I would have been thrilled to get another one at that price even knowing all of its warts :-(

I always tell my friends to call me before trading in their cars for peanuts but they never listen to me.

- Vikas

I have 2000 Maxima myself and I would have been thrilled to get another one at that price even knowing all of its warts :-(

I always tell my friends to call me before trading in their cars for peanuts but they never listen to me.

- Vikas

My home contractor wanted to buy it from my for $2K for his daughter who is 17. But I told myself I dont want any liability whatsoever... I was willing to loose $750 for peace of mind since I have done almost all of the maintainence on the vehicle on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back