The Maverick is back after 14 days......The Audi is gone, Thank God

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
The Maverick is back after 14 days at the Collision Center to fix the hail damage from a month ago.. The total dent count was over 800. Mostly little nickels size or less. 19 were half or silver dollar size. Have examined the work both in bright sun and mid morning shade. On the invoice was a item described as "Paint Reconditioning". That is a new term to me. The paint looks great. Like the day I bought it new. Very slick finish Still waiting on the new Tonneau cover which is on B.O. The folks at Randy Curnow Collison Center (a Buick, Chevy and GMC Dealer) were more than fantastic. I had to take care of nothing. The final bill was close to $8400.00.

Returned the Audi Q5 and have nothing good to say about it or Enterprise. I was given a car with a slow tire leak that I had to fill 4 times. Every 3 or 4 days. The front suspension is well worn at 38K. Steering was darty. Took 10 days to figure out the easy way to set the cruise control. The ride quality makes the Maverick feel like a Limousine. The tranny finally learned my driving style after 4 or 5 days and it is the highlight of the Q5, along with it overall frugality in the MPG numbers. I averaged 29 when I drove it. Took 3 windshield cleanings to remove the dried on bugs and mineral water spots. Wonder if I'll get a survey. The interior was delivered in spotless condition other than the vinyl smoke on the inside of the windshield which I cleaned.

Last edited:
The Maverick is back after 14 days at the Collision Center. The total dent count was over 800. Mostly little nickels size or less. 19 were half or silver dollar size. Have examined the work both in bright sun and mid morning shade. On the invoice was a item described as "Paint Reconditioning". That is a new term to me. The paint looks great. Like the day I bought it new. Very slick finish Still waiting on the new Tonneau cover which is on B.O. The folks at Randy Curnow Collison Center (a Buick, Chevy and GMC Dealer) were more than fantastic. I had to take care of nothing. The final bill was close to $8400.00.

Returned the Audi Q5 and have nothing good to say about it or Enterprise. I was given a car with a slow tire leak that I had to fill 4 times. Every 3 or 4 days. The front suspension is well worn at 38K. Steering was darty. Took 10 days to figure out the easy way to set the cruise control. The ride quality makes the Maverick feel like a Limousine. The tranny finally learned my driving style after 4 or 5 days and it is the highlight of the Q5, along with it overall frugality in the MPG numbers. I averaged 29 when I drove it. Took 3 windshield cleanings to remove the dried on bugs and mineral water spots. Wonder if I'll get a survey. The interior was delivered in spotless condition other than the vinyl smoke on the inside of the windshield which I cleaned.
Did it have an owners manual in the glove box that would have expedited the learning curve?

Did someone let loose with a pellet gun? Joking, I'm assuming hail damage
It was hail damage from a month ago.
Did it have an owners manual in the glove box that would have expedited the learning curve?
Yes, it was still hermitically sealed in plastic. The quick reference was MIA

Last edited:
Had a rental 2016 Charger R/T once that had a slow leak in one of the back tires that required a fill up every other day…. They also had about 3/32’s left in early February. It was well into the wear bars when I turned it in 😜

Had a rental 2016 Charger R/T once that had a slow leak in one of the back tires that required a fill up every other day…. They also had about 3/32’s left in early February. It was well into the wear bars when I turned it in 😜

They were at 10/32 when you picked it up? 🤣

They were at 10/32 when you picked it up? 🤣
The 30k miles it had on it said absolutely not, that poor car was rode HARD and put away wet! I merely “encouraged” them to actually go about replacing the tires after my week with it 😉

Inb4 someone says something about abusing cars you don’t own…. I wore the OE tires on my truck to the wear bars in one summer.

The 30k miles it had on it said absolutely not, that poor car was rode HARD and put away wet! I merely “encouraged” them to actually go about replacing the tires after my week with it 😉

So you finished off Crystal's third set of rear tires? 🤣

Not great in the Great Lakes area

As much as I like the Maverick, there aren't many people that would be thanking god to go from a Q5 to one.
10 minutes in this abused Q5, would have you agreeing. The suspension was shot. Honestly the Maverick is much more composed, not jumping in its lane around when you hit a pavement imperfection.The Q5 interior is very nice. My only gripe was the firmness of the seats. IME it drove like a large American sedan.

You might have gotten abused one. We have a 2019 and is nothing like you describe.

You might have gotten abused one. We have a 2019 and is nothing like you describe.

Same for my sister's '18 Q5. It's better in every category than my cx5 but I personally don't like the interior of it too much

A 38k mile rental? That's equivalent to 200k miles for us normal folk in wear and tear. I've been in many higher mileage rentals and no matter how nice a car they started as, they're all beat and ride like the shocks were blown for the last 10k miles.

Same for my sister's '18 Q5. It's better in every category than my cx5 but I personally don't like the interior of it too much
Audi interiors are a bit sterile. They're usually pretty well done materials wise, but there isn't much flair.

Back