New dodge challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the way they transferred the styling queues from the old to the new car was very well done. Even better than the Mustang. Simultaneously retro and modern. Way cool.

If you by a car like this for fuel economy, resale value or utility, frankly, youre an idiot.

This is a high perormance car - and IMO not even a daily driver.

It is really neat for cruising around for fun, and for the experience driving a great muscle car...

As for what acewiza said, 2 seats less and $25k isnt much of a real difference if buying a weekend performance car for fun. The Z06 is a whole different level.

Both are neat cars.

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by AcuraTech:
Nothing like paying 40K for a car that gets 10 mpg and will only be worth 20K after a year.

Isn't this truly the typical case for 90% of our market? Not necessarily going from the $40k price to $20k, but I've had Toyota truck's, GM full-size trucks's, Isuzu truck's, an '01 Dodge Diesel Cummins, and recently an '06 Nissan Xterra.

Never have I paid more then $22k for any of my vehicles; and all of them, with the exception of the Nissan, were bought at either 1 or 2yrs of age - and, every one, with the exception of the Diesel were valued at quite a bit less then when they were new. Hince the reason I aim to NOT buy brand-new.

I agree, a car like the challenger is more of a hobby, or a weekend car, it is not one to be driven everyday. This was not the "design" if you will of the Challenger's life.

Thus, 10mpg or so, would be an example of spending money on your hobby; just as if you had a boat that you used for weekend purposes.

The 6.1 "will" have MDS in the Challenger. I only hope the price stays low enough and the resale bad enough for me to become a 2nd or 3rd year used buyer...

Build it, and we will buy!
patriot.gif

I like it. To the surprise of the BitOG membership, I spent a lil time around my friend's 1970 'Cuda Grand Coupe'. In fact, I helped him restore it. He's actually selling it this week for $85k. It probally gets 10 mpg. I like the new Mustang too, but really like the Challenger....a "man's" car.

They'll have MDS and do much better than 10mpg. As for resale value, don't matter much to me - I carefully consider my vehicle purchases and keep them a long time. And lest we forget, there will be nothing anywhere in the market that can complete with it in terms of the complete package: Price, performance, practicality and pure Mopar muscle image. Tell me where you can find that at the Honda dealer...

lol.gif

Yes !!!! I was hoping it would be green lighted. I'll be down at the dealership the day they come out to purchase one. I love the Muscle Car design. Besides My cousin has a Charger with the 5.7L and its averaging around 23-24 MPG. A far cry from 10MPG. I want that Muscle car look and pure Mopar peformance. Nothing in my mind can touch that.

I like the new Mustang, but the back end looks like it's wearing a puffy diaper. This new Challenger is sweet! The automatic wouldn't bother me. Have any of you guys driven a muscle car with a built up auto trans with a shift kit? I've built some cars that would kick the back end to the side when shifting 1st to 2cnd - a real thrill. I would imagine that the new Challenger would have a decent shifting trans.

I put a Transgo TF2 shift kit in my Chrysler New Yorker's 727. It is pretty impressive hearing that big 'ol beast chirp 2nd at WOT/60mph. It has a healthy HP motor ('71 model/370hp). The ricers sometime seem like just so many bugs splatting off my widshield...

acewiza;
"The ricers sometime seem like just so many bugs splatting off my widshield"

Hmmm, Since I drive a 96 infiniti from the land of the rising sun, am I a RICER?

If so, I would like to meet up with you and your chrysler and see who gets splattered like a bug!

I better bring along some good windshield and glass cleaner.

itschy.gif

crushedcar.gif

I drove a Dodger Charger the other day and was really impressed. It looked and felt like an old muscle car. Felt big and heavy but the handling was pretty tight. I only drove the 6 cyl and the throttle response was OK (250hp). Spartan interior, but that is OK. All in all the car behaved exactly as one would expect from a retro muscle car. Dodge/Chrysler is really making unique cars that you cant get from any other dealer. As a daily driver/commuter though, it would be tough to justify.

quote:

Originally posted by Winston:
As a daily driver/commuter though, it would be tough to justify.

Lots do though... same with 300s...

how they pay for the fuel Ill never know.

JMH

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:
I really like 99% of how it looks..but that taillight ugh! does that whole length of the strip light up? where are the backup lights? (are they on either side of the license plate holder? if yes, they're BIG back up lights!)
I want to see this car in jet black.

Me? I would have to have it in Plum-Crazy Purple!!
Chris

Purple or orange are the only colors I'd even look at.
Never owned a Mopar, so I have always wanted to try one.
Hemi Challenger would be sweet - I just don't dig the interior that is shown in those pix...but I could live with it if I could give the 'Vette guys/gals a run for their money.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back