New dodge challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first vehicle was a Dodge 96 Ram 1500,One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. A coal truck ran a red light and hit me. I honestly think If I had been in a smaller vehicle I wouldn't be here to talk to you all,and Some years later I now own my first brand new vehicle a 05 Dodge Ram 1500. Im lovin every minute of it !!

quote:

Originally posted by ScottB:
but I could live with it if I could give the 'Vette guys/gals a run for their money.
smile.gif

How are you going to reasonably take that car which is mid 4 second at best down to sub 3.7 seconds to run with the vette???

An auto trans vette maybe...
lol.gif

JMH

Are we racing for pink slips??

T1_33329_1305941.JPG
[/IMG]  - [/IMG]

96 I30, Roll bar, Built tranny,11.5 lbs of dynoed SC boost with aftercooler & vortech mustang internals, 75 shot N2O, , built engine 9:1 compression,JWT cams,valve sprgs,vq30 DET pistons,shot peaned rods,ported & polished gasket matched exh and intake manifold, intake is extrude honed. Custom 3" exhaust past cat with 2 1/2" exhaust out to tail pipes. Electric cut out after cat & & 3" dump out the side giving me a full 3" exhaust.
Many more

You could shave 1/4 second and 8 pounds if you ditched those stickers, but then you'd have to buy your own mod's so I guess that's not gonna happen...

quote:

You could shave 1/4 second and 8 pounds if you ditched those stickers, but then you'd have to buy your own mod's so I guess that's not gonna happen...

HUH?

If you're not putting stickers on for sponsors, then dump them.
It looks flat-out stupid if it's not sponsor's junk.
Sorry, I'm a Japanese car-owning and motorcycle-riding guy, but with a car looking like that, you had better be sponsored or expect flames.

lol... not my style, and at the end of the day you do just have a nissan maxima... but to each their own.

Id love to have the mods you did, without the hype - just a real sleeper!

But everyones' style is different.
cheers.gif
patriot.gif

That said... what chance does your car, running on NOS and all have against the challenger or Z06 vette?

JMH

You probably got me beat, but I think we are in different classes. My drivetrain is pretty much stock, just chassis mods for now. Still get 13s. Wonder what that does in similar trim, apples-to-apples, so to speak? Pretty poorly would be my guess. You still didn't say what your quater ET is. Does it hook well enough to do anything with all those mods?

quote:

If you're not putting stickers on for sponsors, then dump them.
It looks flat-out stupid if it's not sponsor's junk.
Sorry, I'm a Japanese car-owning and motorcycle-riding guy, but with a car looking like that, you had better be sponsored or expect flames.

First of all the decals don't show with the hood closed. They represent all company mods that are or have been on my car over the last 10 years. I don't need or want any sponsors I can afford to pay my own way.

The Jim Wolf Technology banner on the windshield is there because Jim is a personal friend of mine and he also tunes my car and advises me on any car questions!

My car was built for all go with a little show and I can back this up with 430 FWHP on the dyno.

As far as what chance my car has against the challenger or Z06 vette? I don't run against Vettes as a rule but the challenger, no problem since I can do in the low 12s without going on a major diet!

"lol... not my style, and at the end of the day you do just have a nissan maxima... but to each their own"
The only thing stock on this car is basically the body and what's wrong with a Nissan? They're built far better than 95% of what the big 3 put out! When I pulled the motor to do some internal work the parts were highly micro polished and it was a waste of time blueprinting and balancing the the motor, it was right on!
After 10 years the only oem parts replaced due to failure were the starter, a few relays, the bose radio, and of course all maintenance parts.
patriot.gif
patriot.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

You could put an old American-made car in the 12s with a small fraction of the investment you put in that thing.

OBTW, this thread is supposed to be about the new Challenger. You can find the racing forum towards the bottom of the main page!

twak.gif

"You could put an old American-made car in the 12s with a small fraction of the investment you put in that thing."

This is my everyday ride. I wouldn't want, buy, or drive any of the those old rust buckets restored or othwise!

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Is there a "none of the above" option?? With all due respect to your respective rides ...
smile.gif

Goes to show, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!

Just take a look at some guys wives and wonder WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO WAKE UP TO THAT EVERYDAY?
thumbsdown.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif

C'mon somebody vote! I neeeeed validation. My car is my life. It makes up for my lack of performance in other areas.... Uh, wait no, it's a hobby, yeah that's right - it's just a really expensive hobby...

blush.gif

I enjoy the back and forth between the tuner guys running Honda/Nissan etc and the old-school muscle car guys (like myself) Not to date myself, but when I was really into the muscle car thing in High School I had a 69 Hemi Roadrunner, pistol grip 4 speed etc. The best i ever ran her in CO was low-mid 12's (stock) and I was considered "King of the Hill". Nowadays, those numbers are pretty sad compared with what these guys are running in the imports. You can't beat their power to weight ratios with the old school stuff. Given a choice, however, I would take an old Roadrunner/Barracuda/GTX/Super Bee etc any day over one of these new super tuner things, and twice on Sunday. I'm old school, and driving those cars still appeals to me. The new Challenger appeals to me because it reminds me of the "good ol' days". I'm currently restoring an old 58 Savoy, 2 dr with a poly 318. I'm lucky to get 0-60 times of 9-10 seconds, but I don't care about that. It's cooooool!!!!!
Chris

ace, if it was for the coolness factor, Id DEFINITELY want your car. If I wanted it for technical power, then i30's car would win.

Since I believe in >30 MPG daily drivers, my personal choice would be your car.

But as I said, to each their own...

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back