New 2020 Sonata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty good to me! I owned a 2017 and liked it save for the depressing 2.4L. Liking that interior a lot.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26692381/2020-hyundai-sonata-photos-info/

35792-hyundaimotorsharesfirstglimpseofall-newsonata-1551853274.jpg

35793-hyundaimotorsharesfirstglimpseofall-newsonata-1551853271.jpg

35791-hyundaimotorsharesfirstglimpseofall-newsonata-1551853274.jpg

Last edited:
Would have really liked it with a hatch. Early critiques were wrong when they said the rear end mimicked the Civic.

If oil prices spike, Ford, GM and FCA are going to regret abandoning the sedan.

Last edited:
I like the front, but the back looks like it was meant for a different car. I like the interior.

Who would've thought Hyundai would come this far from what they made in the 90s and 2000s.

Originally Posted by csandste
Would have really liked it with a hatch. Early critiques were wrong when they said the rear end mimicked the Civic.

Not to be political, but I haven't been a GM fan since the bailout, and dumping cars for SUVs & trucks seems like (another) short-sighted move, that is likely to lead to bankruptcy. Ford is allegedly already in danger...

Originally Posted by bullwinkle

Not to be political, but I haven't been a GM fan since the bailout, and dumping cars for SUVs & trucks seems like (another) short-sighted move, that is likely to lead to bankruptcy. Ford is allegedly already in danger...

GM isn't dumping or abandoning cars or sedans. Where did you get that info from?

The ironic(?) part of the claim that "GM sure will be in trouble if gas prices rise", is that they are keeping the most efficient car they make, and one of the most efficient sedans on the market, the Malibu Hybrid. It gets better fuel economy than the Spark, Sonic, Cruze, Impala, LaCrosse or Volt.

GM also has two brand new sedans on brand new chassis' coming in the next 12 months, the Cadillac CT4 and CT5.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by E365
Originally Posted by bullwinkle

GM isn't dumping or abandoning cars or sedans. Where did you get that info from?

And even if they were, look at the guy's signature! Out of 7 vehicles, only one is a sedan.

That is a pretty good looking car. The rear isn't as bad as some cars out there. I dont know why but for years it seems like car designers run out of ideas when they get to the rear of a car.

Great looking vehicle. Hope it looks as good in the flesh. The fact that engine choice hasn't been divulged makes me think this will introduce the new iteration of the Theta platform... Theta III.

Last edited:
It's a little like the Fusion/Mondeo, 10th gen Accord and the inside kinda reminds me of the new A4 and LS500. But it doesn't seem to plagiarize those. I like it, Hyundai's found their identity in their newest cars.

But, will it cannabalize sales from Genesis? The Koreans have been going upmarket lately, and they haven't differentiated their "mainstream" and luxury lines. Samsung, for example makes a regular and "bistro" line of appliances. They look alike.

Looks like an MKZ and a Civic had a kid. The way cars look these days makes me wonder if they're all produced in one huge factory together.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Front: Audi Rear:?

I like the rear but the badges look like a car from GTA3.

Originally Posted by dishdude
I see some Volvo in the back. I like the interior.

Bingo!
For the rear I see Volvo S90 blended with Civic.

It's amazing to me that customers do not see the end game of all these manufacturers who decided to make their little 4 bangers and econo boxes look like and below 80mph act sorta like a luxury, GT or sports car, doing so results in more and more systems that effectively only dealers or a mechanic very familiar with the brand can work on. This 2020 vehicle is probably going to use leaf springs like an 80's Plymouth Duster or a PT cruizer, but hey the interior looks like an Audi and it remembers your voice and starts and unlocks the car based on it, probably "on fleek" or something like that I guess. Nothing could ever go wrong with voice, phone or fingerprint recognition systems in a world with recording devices literally everywhere. Personally I'm ok with all this only because I'd never buy a new one and well fake vents and loud exhausts on slow cars just makes it easier for those of us rocking the old G's, IS's and GS's to get away with being bad.

Nah, I think Ford sold them the stamping for the next generation Fusion that they decided not to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back