How dumb would buying a 2013 Chrysler 200 be?

My family has probably had at least 18 Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler products. Not one breakdown. Not one major repair. I guess I should go buy a Powerball ticket? :ROFLMAO:
I've got 2 Jeeps (78 Jeep CJ7 304 and 20 Gladiator 3.6), 2014 3.6 Grand Cherokee Overland 4wd and a 16 Ram Limited Hemi 4wd- they have been the most reliable vehicles I ever had.

While it’s been many years since I was in the rental car industry, I was in the industry when that particular model was in the rotation. The bushings felt soft and wore fast developing clunks and the interiors didn’t hold up well. I found that even the Nissan’s interiors held up better. Mechanically I couldn’t say. There didn’t seem to be much trouble with mechanical issues for abused rental cars that left with around 50k miles except for Nissan CVT failures, which usually occurred around 30k miles.

It was a nice car. I had a 318 and it had the lock up torque converter. The car was great on the highway and if I remember right it would get in the mid 20 for MPG on the highway...It was also a very easy car to work on too....
Twenty plus years ago, a Chrysler mechanic told me that Chrysler's best automatic was the 3-speed with the lock-up torque converter from the late '80s - it was reliable and provided good mileage on the highway.

He considered the 4-speed Ultradrive problematic.

Twenty plus years ago, a Chrysler mechanic told me that Chrysler's best automatic was the 3-speed with the lock-up torque converter from the late '80s - it was reliable and provided good mileage on the highway.

The 2.5 with the 3 speed was a great powertrain for the time.

he was right.. My 1980 Cordoba already had the lock up torque converter....

he was right.. My 1980 Cordoba already had the lock up torque converter....
Chrysler was a great innovator back in the day - first to market with the alternator and electronic ignition. I wonder if they also invented the lock-up TC.

Their lean-burn system of the late '70s had a lot of bugs, but I think paved the way for TBI.

Chrysler was a great innovator back in the day - first to market with the alternator and electronic ignition. I wonder if they also invented the lock-up TC.

Their lean-burn system of the late '70s had a lot of bugs, but I think paved the way for TBI.
Lean burn had a lot of issues along with the electronic fuel injection on the 1980 1982 Chrysler Imperial.....based on the Cordoba frame and body...well they actually did not have a frame....another mess up was the ultra drive...that was a big mess..

Lean burn had a lot of issues along with the electronic fuel injection on the 1980 1982 Chrysler Imperial.....based on the Cordoba frame and body...well they actually did not have a frame....another mess up was the ultra drive...that was a big mess..

Crazy to think they released EFI (multi-port!) on the turbo cars in 1984 and TBI on the NA engines in 1985 that was probably the most reliable in the business.

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
There is absolutely zero need for 283hp in that vehicle… and it’s a friggin blast. For whatever reason, the “range select” on my parents 2013 doesn’t work like all my other Dodge/Chrysler/Ram vehicles, it WILL go into whatever gear you select… no, it will not accelerate from a stop in 6th gear, yes I tried that in a McDonald’s drive through.

It will also try to torque steer you into a ditch while spinning the tires halfway through 2nd gear 😅 It also blew the doors off my AWD 2011 Durango with the 5.7 HEMI from a stop light lol
They should definitely be on the list of low-buck 4-door sleepers.
They're small cars, I was shocked actually. Like you said, all hands on deck with the steering wheel from a dead hit or find yourself in the ditch.

It was a running joke throughout the series, Al still drove the same old Dodge he drove in high school.
I guess I slept on that show - caught a few episodes here and there. With the writers strike, maybe I will catch up.

Back