Need source for Prestone Silicone Spray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for the Prestone Silicone Spray. I like the stuff because it actually has a decent amount of silicone and it does not leave a strong mineral spirits or kerosene odor.

Ingredients are n-heptane, Propane, and Silicone.

Most formulas are about 99.9% mineral oil that stinks like [censored]. I am using it to lube the slides on tambor sliding doors on my Airsteam trailer. I really don't want to stink my trailer up with the solvent stuff and on top of that it probably won't work.

Anyone know where I can find this stuff?

Thanks

Perry

I use the product labeled as "110" in this photo. I get it at Elliot's (Ace) Hardware in Plano. As someone else on this forum also suggested I am finding silicone brake fluid to be very easy to use and apply as a rubber conditioner.

Kelloggs

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I use this CRC Heavy Duty Silicone Spray from Walmart, around the house. I also use it on my windshield wipers to keep them clean and it eliminates the chattering caused by the extreme cold of winter. I get a nice clean wipe even below ZERO degrees!

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_4kh554v0p3_e

That is a great tip, thanks!

I guess the point here is that there are a lot of good options. I am liking the silicone brake fluid. If any version of silicone is going to be safe for rubber that would be the one!

Originally Posted By: perryg114
Ordered some of the CRC stuff from Amazon. It should do the trick.

Perry

The CRC Heavy Duty is the only game in town..guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back