My Last Oil Change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday I changed the oil in my 2k3 Durango 4.7 with 144,000+ miles. This time I decided to use up the last of my Lube Control. I added 3/4 quart of LC, 5 quarts of Castrol GTX 5w-30 and 1 quart of Castrol SYNTEC 10w-40. I plan on extending this oil change to 6500 miles. I would like to know if I should stay at the 5000 mile change or would the 6500 be OK? Right now she is purring like a kitten. I plan on 300,000+ miles out of this truck. So far so good! Oh, I drive 100+ miles a day. 99% highway always.

Last edited:
Its a mix of dino and blend you could probably go 5k to 5.5k to be safe, but it really depends on your driving.

thunderchild

Thanks guy's. I drive 99% highway miles everyday. 100+ miles a day and I don't dog her at all. Steady speed between 65 and 80 mph. I add the 10w40 in there to strengthen the oil a little more. What do you think about the LC in there? It says on the bottle not to change the oil for 10,000 miles. I won't be doing that.

Last edited:

thunderchild

Originally Posted By: RWEST
 Quote:
My Last Oil Change.
Yikes!! I thought you meant you were never going to change again!!
No if I was doing that it would mean my baby would have died on me. I want my first goal of 300,000 miles first!!!

from the LCD Inc website "The recommended treatment rate of LC for engine lubes in 4-cycle gasoline or Diesel engines is 1 0z./Quart for the initial dose, and 1-2 oz. every 1,000 miles or 1,610 km. Do not overfill crankcase." so 3/4 qt is 24 oz just wanted to get rid of the bottle? maybe you can go 24,000 miles

thunderchild

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]from the LCD Inc website so 3/4 qt is 24 oz just wanted to get rid of the bottle?
You hit the nail on the head. It had been there awhile so I was ready to get rid of it. Extra cleaning I guess going on in there.

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]from the LCD Inc website "The recommended treatment rate of LC for engine lubes in 4-cycle gasoline or Diesel engines is 1 0z./Quart for the initial dose, and 1-2 oz. every 1,000 miles or 1,610 km. Do not overfill crankcase." so 3/4 qt is 24 oz just wanted to get rid of the bottle?
I was gonna say...... 3/4 quart is a crazy amount of LC. Why so much? The stuff is almost $40 a gallon, so you dropped in $7.50 worth of LC. 4 or 5 ounces of the stuff would have let you extend your OCI to 10,000 miles according to LCD Inc. and as per Terry Dyson. I'm sorry, I don't see the logic in this. With your witches brew nobody here can tell you how long you should stretch your OCI.

thunderchild

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
[quote=[RT] ProjUltraZ] I was gonna say...... 3/4 quart is a crazy amount of LC. Why so much? The stuff is almost $40 a gallon, so you dropped in $7.50 worth of LC.
That's right. As I said earlier I had it sitting around for a long while. It was the last little bit so I got rid of it in my last oil change on Monday. It won't hurt anything so I guess I will change out a 6500 as I was going to do anyway. No problem.

Originally Posted By: thunderchild
It was the last little bit so I got rid of it in my last oil change on Monday.
if you had dosed it out, you could have gone 7-14,000 miles according to LCD also, is 6.75 qts overfill? oh well, you should be good for 8 or 10K and clean like the dickens

thunderchild

The reason I use that amount of oil is that I use an oversized oil filter. It is an Amsoil SDF-15. I had ordered a case of them awhile ago and I am down to 5 filters left now. Yes, I know if I had dosed it out it would have lasted longer but like I said, it was time for it to go to make room in my storage area. I have the same amount of FP-20 I have to use up also. As well as: 7 5 quart jugs of GTX 5w-30 3 5 quart jugs of Castrol Blend 5w-30 3 5 quart jugs of Supertech Synthetic 10w-30 3 cases of PP 5w-40 European 2 5 quart jugs of Castrol SYNTEC 5w-30 1 case of Mobil1 Synthetic Gear Lube 75w-90 4 quarts of Amsoil 75w-90 Gear Lube My stash is getting low. I think after all my Castrol is used up I am going to go all Pennzoil. Platinum and Yellow Bottle. I have no complaints with the Castrol but i would like to change over to Pennzoil. \:\!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.