My Experiences with using TCW3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way TCW3 in reasonable doses can kill cat converters.
High doses of TCW3 amount to burning like 1qt of oil per 1000 miles. Yet, unlike engine oil, TCW3 contains no or little harmful components like S, P, or metal ashes.

Leroy, I'm going to join a couple of others in asking - what was the arrowhead bottle on the dash? Can't figure out what that was doing .......

I've used TCW-3 in GM 6.5 diesels with good results, excellent lubricity additive and keeps things clean. In that case about a pint to 25 gallons, or a 1:200 mix.

ok, I also think oil in fuel can smooth things and in some cases even clean deposits, which is good.
But one thing TCW3 can't do is mess with the ECU/PCM. If your startup RPM changes in a modern car, it is NOT because of the TCW3 in fuel. It will adjust settings in the warmup cycle to keep the specified RPM etc so TCW3 just is not why that happened.
Increaseing MPG by 10 to 15 % is also out of the question. Some minor reduction due to friction maybe but 3MPG? Nope. That's adjusted driving.

TCW-3 2-stroke has 138,000 btu. Gasoline is around 116,000. So adding a bit could increase mileage slightly, I agree my common sense would tell me a gain too small to measure, no way 10%.

But, having watched mpg discussions on many forums for many years, I tend to only dispute mileage claims that have flawed methods. If someone knows how to correctly measure mpg, does so over multiple tanks to eliminate as much fill level error as possible, and does it with math, not the mpg readout in the car, then who am I to tell them they are wrong? I'm willing to read and learn.

Originally Posted By: Dave01
I'm willing to read and learn.

Awesome attitude Dave -- not one that you see often.
11.gif

IM not gonna hang around this thread if its gonna turn to a (not cause of tcw3) thread...

IM only taking the time out to tell what I've gained from using tcw3. If it sounds crazy or someone thinks im making stuff up,im sorry I took the time out to make note of what has changed (somehow) after getting info from the truck for 6months and 3weeks...

I live in the desert. Our summers are 9months long here, I got my info from hot to cold, to hot, and if my driving adjusted, then it stay adjusted for the last year cause I've gotten the same mpg every morning.

And I've mentioned what the bottle was for. The ribbles splashing on the side of the bottle indicated smoothness (hillbilly reference indicator) and I noticed my marks got lower rather quick...

And as far as the com being changed or whatever was said about that, I can't explain anything that has changed, alls I did was add tcw3 to my gas and these little oddball things changed... I can't call my obd2 reader a liar, I can't say my oil has changed, alls im trying to get across is what I've gained since the day I started using tcw3.

Maybe if I stopped using it all the info I wrote down from a year ago will go back to the baseline readings I made note of, maybe my mpg will increase, decrease, who knows, but then if it did some will speculate that its not cause of the tcw3 oil.

So its anyone's guess. Everyone is gonna be right in their own way =)

Originally Posted By: leroyd92
If u don't like mess, so buy the one pint bottles at the store and acquire the pointed lid for gear oil, cut the top off the cap and use it for filling up, I always add the oil before fill up (there at the pump). No mess at all my way !

Or get an inverse oiler or lubricator. No mess at all that way, either.

And I've mentioned what the bottle was for. The ribbles splashing on the side of the bottle indicated smoothness (hillbilly reference indicator) and I noticed my marks got lower rather quick...

We need some pictures, please.

Edit: Never mind, I figured out what Arrowhead bottle is.

1.5_Liter_of_Arrowhead.JPG

Last edited:
Well, I'll check too. Just added 0.1% TC-W3 mineral in the Jeep 4.0 just to see...
I think it would be a better test to add to like the kids cars without telling them to create more of a blind test. Anyone?

Originally Posted By: dave5358
If u don't like mess, so buy the one pint bottles at the store and acquire the pointed lid for gear oil, cut the top off the cap and use it for filling up, I always add the oil before fill up (there at the pump). No mess at all my way !

Or get an inverse oiler or lubricator. No mess at all that way, either.

I got one on my charger. I use mmo in it thought,and still add my home brew to my fuel.
No matter how you cut the dice the stuff doesn't hurt so why not use it. It's not like it costs more than pennies to use and what if it saves those pennies at the pump, or in done other way,like fuel pumps or something like that.
I like and use the stuff. The cheapest I can find.

Originally Posted By: lars11
Well, I'll check too. Just added 0.1% TC-W3 mineral in the Jeep 4.0 just to see...
I think it would be a better test to add to like the kids cars without telling them to create more of a blind test. Anyone?

.1% would be about an ounce in every 8 gallons, doubt that could do anything good or bad to you. Sounds like people are using a bit more than that for the most part, I've read here from an ounce in 5 gallons to an ounce in 4 gallons to an ounce in 2 gallons. I think if I try it I'd start with .2%, about an ounce in 4 gallons.

Nothing scientific to base that on, just from reading here.

If u read Sarges Been Testing,,it is one ( 1 ) oz to 5 gallons of gas. If u make it richer you will smell it. Tried it on my 18 hp brigs and straton engine, yep u can smell it when u overdose the ratio,,,,well thats what happen to me. I ran gallons of the stuff when I was running freight, plugs looked good at 100,000 miles, nice white porcelain and clean tips. I still use in van and buick and mmo,,off and on.

This morning I decided to add a second Oz to my last 5ish gallons in the truck, im not sure if the truck liked it or not...

It was rather cold this morning so idk if it was temp or whatnot but the initial leave to take my friend to work was really sluggish...

When you say cold, how cold? I see you are in AZ ..... it was 4 degrees when I left my house in NH this morning.

This morning I decided to add a second Oz to my last 5ish gallons in the truck, im not sure if the truck liked it or not...

It was rather cold this morning so idk if it was temp or whatnot but the initial leave to take my friend to work was really sluggish...
what is sluggish,,I think tcw3 is good to -54F

Originally Posted By: Dave01
When you say cold, how cold? I see you are in AZ ..... it was 4 degrees when I left my house in NH this morning.

Prescott and Flagstaff can get pretty frigid, not so much the rest of the state south of those areas.
wink.gif

Exactly is common use a mix of 500:1 I found it too much, my car goes good between 650:1 and 750:1

I plan on adding 1 ounce per 5 gal. of TCW3 in my stroker 393 V8 Ford. I am anticipating (and hoping) the TCW3 additive will improve performance as a UCL and maybe I will notice some improvement in starting and driveability. The car is hard to start when it has been sitting for several weeks. It has a carb, (auto choke removed) no catalyst/no smog equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back