My cat Gordo died in my arms yesterday......its was the worse day since my wife died almost 5 years ago....

Sorry for your loss. My baby cat passed last thanksgiving. I still miss him. We have 3 other cats one being 29 yrs old and has recently gone blind.

I recommend that you find homes for the other cats Incase something happens to you they don't end up at the pound.

Btw Gordo means fat in Spanish!
Yes, i speak Spanish and my wife was from Mexico City
I set aside 25k per cat so if i die they live their life at home for cats at Texas A&M well now i only have 2 now worry about....its a good program....money goes to the school for future vet students nad they get care for what years they have left......my last bunch of cats which was 3 boys born in 84 2 died one day apart at 15 years old the one i called fatty lived to 3 weeks of his 20th bday.......

I have had cats and dogs all my life. The loss of each one is tough. Hang in there.

He was maybe 2 in the photo....my wife was behind him...maybe 2012 or 13.....he was over 20 pounds and a big boy.....
Im 64 all my family has passed on and my wife .....now its just me and my 2 other Maine Coons.....one looks bad now and im sure he is next
Im in bad shape myself and hope i live long enough for my other 2 cats......life really sucks...im at stage 3-4 with CKD.
I had a cat(s) for 42 years in a row now.....i would not go on vacation or travel because i was to worried about them......ive had 14 and my happiest times have been them.....i have loved them all.
sorry for the loss. we have two main coons we adopted over 12 years ago. I guess they are 13 to 14 years old from the same litter.

My Granddaughter has a cat. Got it when she was 2 years old, she turned 17 in July. Old cat by any means.

She will be a wreck when that cat passes, and we know it won't be long now.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about your loss, they are family members.
That, they are. I had a similar pain in 2016 and I just now deleted some video memories because they were too painful to watch, the day before he just kind of decided to have a 6-hour hairball type of reaction (he was getting weaker near the end and that was the day, spasm type of reaction. I laid with him, beside myself) and took his last breath in my arms June 30th, 2016 at 9:36p.m....

OP @gmh101358 I truly don't know what to say except that, I'm sorry man. I am sorry to hear.

Death probably hurts more than that of a human family member, to be honest.

Was there somewhat recently with my old adopted stray Hiram, he was 16, but had had a near death experience earlier in his life which I'm sure didn't help his longevity. I know how it feels, though I appreciate this is compounded by your own health issues and feelings of mortality, which sound significant. Wonderful to hear that you have already planned for them in case of your departure, that's a level of responsibility that few would undertake.

My condolences for your loss.

That, they are. I had a similar pain in 2016 and I just now deleted some video memories because they were too painful to watch, the day before he just kind of decided to have a 6-hour hairball type of reaction (he was getting weaker near the end and that was the day, spasm type of reaction. I laid with him, beside myself) and took his last breath in my arms June 30th, 2016 at 9:36p.m....

OP @gmh101358 I truly don't know what to say except that, I'm sorry man. I am sorry to hear.

Death probably hurts more than that of a human family member, to be honest.
My wife was the worst.....cats a close second.......my parents i did not get along well with ....so yeah very true.....my wife had a heart attack taking a bath.....she took her last breath in my arms....im disabled and still wonder how i lifted her out of the tub....she was about 135 pounds and this was a big garden tub.....

Rest in Peace Gordo. Totally understand your not travelling without your cats. I'm the same with my dogs.

I agree …but I’ve traveled extensively and experienced continents that I will never have the chance to revisit again. To not experience that because of my concern over a cat is not realistic. To each his own.

I agree …but I’ve traveled extensively and experienced continents that I will never have the chance to revisit again. To not experience that because of my concern over a cat is not realistic. To each his own.
I worked in the oil field during first boom (79-82) as a geologist for Superior Oil in Houston .....no cat then and traveled the world.... been to many places plus many i dont care to ever see again....now that im old you could not pay me enough to travel out of USA.....back in IBM days ive been Spit at all because of being from USA so...I worked for IBM Canada from 99 to 06 ....I worked on my accent eh and said i was from Toronto....which was true i did live there for 3+ years....even got luggage with a Maple on it.....people were much nicer to me when they thought i was from great white north.

He was maybe 2 in the photo....my wife was behind him...maybe 2012 or 13.....he was over 20 pounds and a big boy.....
Im 64 all my family has passed on and my wife .....now its just me and my 2 other Maine Coons.....one looks bad now and im sure he is next
Im in bad shape myself and hope i live long enough for my other 2 cats......life really sucks...im at stage 3-4 with CKD.
I had a cat(s) for 42 years in a row now.....i would not go on vacation or travel because i was to worried about them......ive had 14 and my happiest times have been them.....i have loved them all.
You love animals, and care about them. That tells me all I need to know to understand you're a good person.

I understand. But out of grief comes Gordo’s passing as a sign of letting go. He WANTS you to carry on. He was never designed to outlive you.. only to provide you with a respite before your own demise. Do him a favor, give him the the respect that he provided to you. That’s all he ever wanted😢

Kee Hee girl and I send our condolences... death of the family cat is bitingly bitter like death of a spouse...
DSCN0060.JPG

Back