My cat Gordo died in my arms yesterday......its was the worse day since my wife died almost 5 years ago....

He was maybe 2 in the photo....my wife was behind him...maybe 2012 or 13.....he was over 20 pounds and a big boy.....
Im 64 all my family has passed on and my wife .....now its just me and my 2 other Maine Coons.....one looks bad now and im sure he is next
Im in bad shape myself and hope i live long enough for my other 2 cats......life really sucks...im at stage 3-4 with CKD.
I had a cat(s) for 42 years in a row now.....i would not go on vacation or travel because i was to worried about them......ive had 14 and my happiest times have been them.....i have loved them all.
So, sorry. I know how it feels.

Maine Coons are great cats. RIP
My three boys.....i still have 2 are not MC's with papers....but like the vet said their maybe 75-80 MC....she says they have some grey tabby. MC's are such special beautiful cats like no others

@gmh101358, I am so sorry to hear about the terrible stuff you've been through and continue to go through.

The losses pile up for all of us as time passes. We mourn deceased friends and family, beloved pets, long-lost opportunities, broken friendships, and diminishing health.

I think true heroism is plowing on, making the best of it, even when life is hard.

My prayers are with you.

love all my cats
phone 021.JPG

There is always another crying for a home. My BiL could not get over the loss of his Lab. One day I dropped a yellow Lab puppy in his lap - and as the little guy slobbered him up - went to my truck for food and AKC sheets.

15 years have passed and my pain never got any better, She died in my arms, picked something from the backyard and suffocated, couldn't do anything to her and that's what's causing me the most pain. Sister got me a cat for my birthday she thought that it's just about cats, but never filled the empty space she left. I know how you feel, this is not a loss of just a cat "like some might think" they are our family and children. I hope you get better and lead a long happy life, sir.

Back