My cat Gordo died in my arms yesterday......its was the worse day since my wife died almost 5 years ago....

He was maybe 2 in the photo....my wife was behind him...maybe 2012 or 13.....he was over 20 pounds and a big boy.....
Im 64 all my family has passed on and my wife .....now its just me and my 2 other Maine Coons.....one looks bad now and im sure he is next
Im in bad shape myself and hope i live long enough for my other 2 cats......life really sucks...im at stage 3-4 with CKD.
I had a cat(s) for 42 years in a row now.....i would not go on vacation or travel because i was to worried about them......ive had 14 and my happiest times have been them.....i have loved them all.

Attachments

• 465684_3393976132317_490455961_o.jpg
    465684_3393976132317_490455961_o.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 94
Understand completely what you are going through sir. I'm still sad over the loss of cats that have been gone for fifty years. We do the best we can to give them a good life, but in the end, entropy trumps the best of care. Hope you can find some comfort in your final days. You did good and made life good for your cats.

He was maybe 2 in the photo....my wife was behind him...maybe 2012 or 13.....he was over 20 pounds and a big boy.....
Im 64 all my family has passed on and my wife .....now its just me and my 2 other Maine Coons.....one looks bad now and im sure he is next
Im in bad shape myself and hope i live long enough for my other 2 cats......life really sucks...im at stage 3-4 with CKD.
I had a cat(s) for 42 years in a row now.....i would not go on vacation or travel because i was to worried about them......ive had 14 and my happiest times have been them.....i have loved them all.
sorry , I am a big cat lover.

What a handsome boy! I'm sure you gave Gordo a great life and he needed nothing.
I am the crazy cat lady; I've had cats all my life.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. My baby cat passed last thanksgiving. I still miss him. We have 3 other cats one being 29 yrs old and has recently gone blind.

I recommend that you find homes for the other cats Incase something happens to you they don't end up at the pound.

Btw Gordo means fat in Spanish!

I've lost a couple of great cats who were very important to me, providing companionship, comfort, and amusement. I understand how it can be. PM me if you'd like to talk.

Back