My BMW 335i F30 loves Redline 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you've fallen in love with Redline, but, if you're looking for a similar oil that'a also BMW LL-01 approved, then you could try Ravenoll 0w40. VI and HTHS numbers aren't so insanely high, but it has good pour and flash point numbers, for what they're worth. It's got a nice, low NOACK number too.

Ravenol 0w40

Not sure if you can get it in Canada, though. We can get it through Blauparts here in the US. Maybe they ship to Canada?

Originally Posted By: wally21
Sounds like you've fallen in love with Redline, but, if you're looking for a similar oil that'a also BMW LL-01 approved, then you could try Ravenoll 0w40. VI and HTHS numbers aren't so insanely high, but it has good pour and flash point numbers, for what they're worth. It's got a nice, low NOACK number too.

Ravenol 0w40

Not sure if you can get it in Canada, though. We can get it through Blauparts here in the US. Maybe they ship to Canada?

Isn't it easier just to pick up Castrol 0W40?

Originally Posted By: wally21

Ravenol 0w40

laugh.gif

Funny you brought that up. I actually considered giving it a shot..but availability discouraged me.I have a local redline supplier where I can go for oil and diff fluids. Ravenol would require me paying shipping and duty to Canada.

Also I read some reports on oil-club.ru about inconsistent batch samples. Also the chemistry didnt seem appealing and lack of user feedback online threw me off.

So you can read Russian, or did you use a translator?

Yes, good info about this oil is hard to come by, in English at least. I had seen some posts that hinted at some batch inconsistencies a while ago. I've also read some very positive comments in some VW forums.

What is the unappealing chemistry, if you don't mind my asking? I've been curious about this oil for a little while, but it's hard to justify the premium price, when Mobil 1 and Castrol can be purchased so cheaply. The only reason I look is because M1 and GC seem to have gotten into a price war that I fear may end up sacrificing the quality of the oil. This is all unfounded speculation on my part, and I'm not doing any track racing or living in an arctic or Saharan climate...but still I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back