My 2012 Fiat 500 with 200,000 miles….

Can't wait to bring home and drive the one I bought yesterday.

01.jpg

In the 80's I had a Fiat Strada. Never any motor trouble. Only repair was a right front wheel bearing. It was a world car. Had a Fiat motor, a vw golf automatic trans, a Delco alternator, Sankyo AC and a 24 hour only digital clock and a John Deere car radio. Everything was Happy together.

What work has been done to it? Some people say their car hasn’t needed anything but maintenance. But then fail to mention they personally consider control arms, alternators, etc. as maintenance
I know some who consider water pumps, timing chains, and turbochargers every 50k-60k a maintenance item. And stuff like failed seals/gaskets just gets brushed under a rug. While for example Honda J-series gets a stinky eye for needed a timing belt and valve adjustment once in 100k miles... :rolleyes:

What work has been done to it? Some people say their car hasn’t needed anything but maintenance. But then fail to mention they personally consider control arms, alternators, etc. as maintenance
To my surprise I have not replaced a single component in the front suspension. I did put two shocks in the rear because they were rusted. I did the timing belt and WP service at 150,000 miles. I’m on my third battery. It does eat tires at an alarming rate. I had a few oil leaks repaired. I use full synthetic and change the oil every 7500 miles. I bought the car for $12,000 back in 2012 with 600 miles on it. The body is starting to rust.

Doug Demuro commented that these things are wildly fun to drive. I believe it. Small, lightweight and a buzzer motor. Sounds about right.

has officially become the most reliable car I have ever owned. Did I just get lucky?
I guess the old saying Fix It Again Tony was wrong;). All kidding aside congratulations and good luck going forward.

Back