Multiple cleaners/additive in tank at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I have tried them all in numerous cars and the two best were.

BG44K and Redline SI-1... Both were and still are loaded with PEA...

Have you tried Amsoil PI...?

High PEA in it too.

If I can get that mail order I will buy it. Right now, my criterion was "It has to be on Walmart shelf" hence Berryman.. they have Techron too but I put that in about 1000 miles ago, and 2 cans Seafoam about 2000 miles before that (when engine was undercool.) This truck gets used a lot, and gas cycled REGULARLY. Right down to E, so... it actually gets treated pretty well.

After I used up my solvent-based cleaners i will focus on PEA. And if the Amsoil stuff is better than that hi-mi Gumout at WM for $5 a bottle...

I'd say the prolonged use of strong solvents to the fuel system is risky, but one dosage of B-12 won't kill a system unless it's ;on the brink' already.

Otherwise, PEA and mild solvent diluted out(heck, many solvents in blended gasoline already lol!), like what is found in MMO etc, won't do any harm.

Now, pouring straight toluene or xylene into an empty tank of gas, half fill the thing,? and then adding gasoline = the no no scenario.

You are NOT listening. Stop adding any more B-12 or Seafoam. If you want good in tank cleaner, you need one with PEA.

Do you have any used old spark plugs? If so, use them for your experiments. For example, take two of the old spark plugs and keep them dunked in little Seafoam and little B-12 and check after 24 hours to see which one has cleaned them better.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I have tried them all in numerous cars and the two best were.

BG44K and Redline SI-1... Both were and still are loaded with PEA...

Have you tried Amsoil PI...?

High PEA in it too

No I have not.

The two I mentioned, work so well, why would I continue my search for another product.

Last edited:
I have AHD. My basement is full of Techron, 3M, Regane. I also picked up a bottle of Redline. I also have few cans of Berryman and Seafoam. I still have in my possession of Toyota fuel system cleaner tiny can which will be used only in case of emergency. This is the only fuel system cleaner which warns to not leave it in the tank for more than a week. It does not say exactly what it will do but there will be dire consequences :)

Even then when it comes to putting something in the fuel tank of the car, I avoid putting Berryman or Seafoam in the tank.

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back