Most comfortable seats youve had? Best steering wheel?

99% of BMW sport seats and M seats are better than anything in the same category (not talking RR, Maybach etc.). They are hard, tight, but somehow one can do 1,2000 miles in it a day, and they still feel comfortable.
I found out that seats that initially feel soft and comfortable are usually POS.

Steering: BMW E series Sport and M steering, VW GTI around 2010 onward, Mercedes S class, Porsche.

That would have been my 2015 Hyundai Genesis. 12 way power adjustable, heated and cooled.

Miss that car :cry:

0E5DCA3A-D56F-4BAD-94B8-6609F73ED09D.jpeg

1979 Cadillac Coupe D Elegance. The velour seats were the most comfortable seats ever. Was a awesome long distance vehicle. Paid 5K bucks for it when it was a year old in 1980 with only 15K miles on it.

Steering wheel would be the Tahoe I have now.

Seats: Nissan Altima tied with Volvo S60, V70, XC70 (all P2 platforms)

Steering wheel: E30 3 spoke "MT1" sport wheel found on the E30 M3 and higher trim levels of e30.
Perfectly weighted and a horn button anywhere your hand/thumb rests.
s-l500.jpg

Sitting in everything at the new car show, Nissan has the dollar for dollar the best seats outside of owning a Volvo. The Altima has better seats than a Camry, Accord… The Sentra has better seats than a Corolla, Elantra, Civic..
+1
I used to think the only way I could experience a comfortable seat was with a Volvo.
A long term Altima rental made me realize the error in my thinking.

Last edited:
P2 Volvos have great seats, good steering wheels. Could drive one (and have) all day without issue. The very best combination of seats and wheel has to be my W220 Mercedes. The S600 seats are very comfortable, in addition they have heat, cool, and massage, and then the wheel is perfectly shaped, the steering excellent, and the heated leather is nice on a cold morning. A recent road trip (to Florida) just proved what nice appointments that car has.

Which car that you've owned has has the most comfortable seats? What about your favorite steering wheel?
For seats it goes to an 88 Crown Vic and steering wheel believe it or not is my Trax with the knurled in it.
My E92 BMW has the sport package, thus giving it sport seats. I'd have to look but on the model year 2007 options were crazy priced (low). Everyone said the ~$800 sport package was a no-brainer, it gave you sport seats, staggered summer only tires, sport shocks (not a big deal equivalent to the Bilstein B6's which my wife has on her GM SUV), and an external engine oil cooler. All that, for ~$800. And people said for the seats alone, it was worth it. Ditto on the 3 spoke steering wheel--great feel on an already great hydraulic rack (if a car like this is handed down to a hs kid, they think it's broken due to the feel and effort--not pinkie light as most are today).

Funny how today they are multi thousand dollar trim levels rather than a la carte (meaning in 2007 a person could get the sport package with vinyl seats essentially shop lifting performance).

Best seats would be a toss-up between the '91 Cutlass Supreme International Series seats I swapped into my '91 Regal GS and the seats in my '95 Volvo 960. Slight edge to the Volvo.

Close runner's up: both my WJ's. My '01 Laredo had the base cloth seats that were buttery soft yet offered wonderful lumbar support. My current '00 Limited has the top of the line leather seats with adjustable lumbar which are also wonderful. It's a shame how Mopar cheapened the seats as the model years progressed: my lady friend has an '03 Laredo with the "basic" leather seats and they offer about as much support as a park bench.

Steering wheel choice is tough. My Marauder had a nice wheel, but it wasn't much more than a standard Panther wheel with perforation. The aforementioned 960 had a decently chunky wheel, as ugly as it was. Beyond that, I can't honestly think of any steering wheel in particular that stuck out. I suppose my (again) aforementioned Regal could be included, simply due to it's style. No airbag: think Grand National style.

I rode in the front of whatever Lexus is Built off the rav4 and the seats were really, really comfortable. Probably too soft for me, at least on a loooong drive. But it was sublime for the ride to bingo. My e90 sport seats feel more… disciplined. My m sport wheel easily wins: fat rim, beautiful materials, and connected to a hydraulic rack..

Seats-03-07 GMT800 GM trucks
Steering Wheel- 19-present GM T1XX trucks.

I know both GMs but don't knock it until you try it lol. Kidding. Of course.

I'm 100% with you RE: GMT800 seats. Buddy of mine went from a 250k mile Z71 'burb to a K2XX Sierra Denali, and the difference is remarkable. Sure, the ventilated feature is nice, however it's appeal quickly fades. Here in MN, heated seats are the main requirement. The old Z71 ran circles around the new truck when it comes to seat heat performance, let alone comfort.

Seats-03-07 GMT800 GM trucks
My 2005 Chevy Avalanche cloth seats 60/40 with fold down arm rest are probably the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in….notice I didn’t say, sat on. Just firm enough for great support yet cushy enough to be comfortable for hours on end. Bolsters and lumbar are perfect for me. Even my wife says they’re more comfortable than her Lexus es350‘s leather heated and cooled seats. I prefer good cloth seats over leather 2 to 1, but that’s just me.

I'm 100% with you RE: GMT800 seats. Buddy of mine went from a 250k mile Z71 'burb to a K2XX Sierra Denali, and the difference is remarkable. Sure, the ventilated feature is nice, however it's appeal quickly fades. Here in MN, heated seats are the main requirement. The old Z71 ran circles around the new truck when it comes to seat heat performance, let alone comfort.
Absolutely no doubt about that one. I love the looks of the K2s but their interior seating by far leaves much to be desired. Hard leather and yes heated seat performance is almost non existant. They have improved ALOT in the T1s though.

my 05 escalade seats and steering wheel are very comfortable. I havent even installed the new foam and leather for the bottom yet and its still really comfy. You can do heating on back alone or back/bottom. Lumbar adjust is nice. Partial wood and leather wheel i dig it.

My work hauler 06 Yukon is similar in comfort but does not have lumbar, heating, and the wheel is all leather but still in good shape.

Yes these rigs go through the gasoline but the comfort per dollar ratio is absurdly high.

17 Nissan Titan "S" bench seat. 12plus hours of driving no problem. Surprisingly supportive.

Best steering wheel, the old Grant GT, 13.5 inch. It's a classic design that was almost 100 years in the making. A more fancy version is the Momo Ultra 350mm (14 inch) or any variation on this simple theme. It's a wheel that you can grab inside and out, it's perfectly round and the grip size is perfect.

grt-690_xl.jpg

Back