Most comfortable seats youve had? Best steering wheel?

Yes, my Volvo 850 had very good seats, but the best were in my 1990 Pajero, the seat was sprung, and had fold down arm rests both sides...real armchair stuff. My 1990 Diamante was nice in leather with fold down armrests too.

Personally I prefer support over comfort and by far the best for that with any car I've had is the Juke Nismo seats. Very firm, but very supportive especially with the side bolsters. Not so much that it affects getting in/out of the car like some appear to do, but definitely keeps me centered in the seat at all times. They are covered with Alcantara, which I find to be quite awesome as well. Have NEVER been a fan of leather seats in any car, at home, etc. and that material just works great for my daily driver and I prefer it over any other material I've had in any ride over the past 35+ yrs. The steering wheel is quite good in it as well as it's part leather/Alcantara and is quite firm and never gets hot, uncomfortable, etc. Honestly I try not to nitpick things too much and just maximize what's in front of me.

The old bench seats in my 69 Plymouth. I never took a particuliar liking to any steering wheel.

My '99 Volvo V70 and '07 Volvo V70. Oddly, Volvo interrupted that design continuum for the 2002 model year.
There was even a gap in upholstery shops' leather panel ordering books.
I had one; and while not bad you could feel a difference.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
1) Sis' '88 Jeep Cherokee had seats which rocked as well as moved fore-and-aft. This allowed you to put the seat bottom parallel to your thigh bone-SURPRISINGLY COMFY.

2) A bloke had a mid-sized Peugeot with extraordinary seats and interior materials.

No reflections on steering wheels. I do hate pizza oil, sticky soda residue and crumbs on others' rigs. Yuk.

F150 Lariat. The wonderful seats are why I continue to purchase Ford Trucks. I don't dislike other brands, but none are as comfortable to me.

I love sports cars and find bolstered sporty seats comfortable for athletic driving, but I just can't live in them like I can in the F150's "recliners".

I really enjoyed the seats in my 2006 Grand Prix GXP. Very supportive and comfortable. I could go on long trips with out back fatigue. The suede inserts were a nice touch because they didn’t hold the heat in like a full leather seat.

The M-Sport seats in my 2020 BMW 5 series were beautiful. They had manual adjustment for forwards/backwards and height but the backrest, lumbar support and bolster adjustment were electric. They were big and squidgy but had supportive bolsters and a great amount adjustment.

I like to sit practically on the floor with my legs out as straight as possible and slight kink in my knee with my foot fully outstretched on the throttle or clutch etc. I also like the steering wheel parallel with my torso at a height and far enough away that my arms are stretched out straight with elbows slightly kinked. The BMW was PERFECT for this.

In addition, the steering wheel in the BMW was the perfect mix of simple and elegant but had a nice thick rim and perfectly placed paddles.

A notable second mention has to be given to my current daily, a 2021 Vauxhall Insignia (Buick Regal with a different badge) which has optional AGR front seats. They have fully electrical adjustment including bolster adjustment and a massage function. They're slightly firmer than the BMW seats and don't go quite as low as I'd like. But overall, a good comfy seat. The steering wheel in the Insignia looks the part, but is a little thin and there's too many buttons which always need thinking about.

Attachments

• 20220626_194041.jpg
    20220626_194041.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20200804_135856.jpg
    IMG_20200804_135856.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 7
Best seats were in my 2008 DTS, heated and cooled. These were the upgraded leather option, but not sure what they were called.
Second best were in my 1999 STS. Not as soft, but my wife would be out like a light as soon as we hit the highway! :)

Best steering wheel was in my 2014 E-350 w/flat bottom. That helped ease entry and exit. A little more complicated than Wolf359 in the controls, but not as bad as the current versions which have MANY buttons. These controls don't even include cruise control, which is on a seperate stalk in all MB cars. (as well as the DTS & STS)

Best seats, 2002 Olds Alero, cloth. Best steering wheel, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye....leather rapped, perfect size to see all gages in dash regardless of position.

91 full size Bronco had cloth bucket seats and were good for long drives, plenty of back support.

91 Park Avenue had the velour pillow top seats (apparently by La-z-Boy), but did not have the best back support.

Steering wheel would be my Lucerne, controls are right where they need to be.

Personally I prefer support over comfort and by far the best for that with any car I've had is the Juke Nismo seats. Very firm, but very supportive especially with the side bolsters. Not so much that it affects getting in/out of the car like some appear to do, but definitely keeps me centered in the seat at all times. They are covered with Alcantara, which I find to be quite awesome as well. Have NEVER been a fan of leather seats in any car, at home, etc. and that material just works great for my daily driver and I prefer it over any other material I've had in any ride over the past 35+ yrs. The steering wheel is quite good in it as well as it's part leather/Alcantara and is quite firm and never gets hot, uncomfortable, etc. Honestly I try not to nitpick things too much and just maximize what's in front of me.
Truth! These are my most favorite seats ever. I'm trying to work/fab a way for a set of these in my '90 Miata. :)

Seats my current commuter 2002 Taurus.

Steering wheel - well I've liked Chevrolet truck steering wheels the best - simple and a rigid look to them. But, the most comfortable steering wheel I've had is my wife's 2016 Town and Country. The wheel is just the right size, a tad smaller than usual, and is coated with a very smooth leather. It's also relatively thick for what I'm used to.

Seats: The M Sport seats in my M235i and Club Sport. I also loved the E21 Recaros I installed in my son's 2002.
Wheel: The M Sport wheel in my M235i.

I rode in a friends AMG today, the first time I’ve been in one. it may rival (!!!) the Volvos. Was more contoured but still had a softness to it. my Lexus is contoured but rather firm… but the support holds off fatigue well. The amg… somehow soft while being quite contoured and supportive. I could see enjoying a drive in that, but thats just another world of ownership beyond me.

i have noticed a trend of smaller steering wheels lately. The honda products … crv, civic, at least, are using smaller wheels, as does our Lexus. The f150s wheel to me is a classic size - and seemed larger than a GM I recently drove. Frankly, with power everything, the smaller wheel is probably fine in even the half-tons, but, I like my truck the way it is, especially on long drives.

Back