Comfortable Seats

Volvo has good seats, they're comfy and not too hard. Bmw and Mercedes have seats that are the right shape to be comfy.
Early 2000s vw are the worst seats ever. Hard and shaped funny, they'll make you hurt after 20 minutes

I tend to slide in the leather seats and they do get hot and sticky when wearing shorts in hot summer and stiffer and cold in winter, just personal experience.

1000002423.jpg

The sport seats in my Regal are pretty good, I've got a bad back and I can go 2-3 hours easily.

My '95 Volvo 960 had the best seats I've ever sat in. Absolutely phenomenal comfort.

Most comfortable seats I ever had in a vehicle were in a 2003 Mazda Tribute LX. Could drive all day in those!

Best seats I’ve owned were 3 Volvo s60s. They don’t look particularly special but they were super comfortable and fatigue-free even in awful conditions for as long as I could handle the tiller.

My butt falls asleep in Hondas and Subarus. I find bmw seats about as appealing as a park bench. It was the seats that prevented me from buying the last one I looked at, a cute little 328 with the turbo 4, best handling car I’ve driven in 20 years. The last cat before that which handled as well was an e36 M3.

Addendum, the newer seats in the Honda civic sport were firm but also hood for long drives. They reminded me of yesteryear entry-level recaros for the auto cross daily driver.

Lexus GS seats were a little firm but surprisingly almost as good as the Volvo.

Seats in my f150 XL are a mixed breed. New, they were firm. year 5 the back cushion was perfect but too many plastic seat bottom spring guides broke and it lost support. Fixed all those, and it was really great for a year … and now the back is sagging (I’ve heard a few pops, so I’m betting that plastic seat guides are coming apart in the back). I can’t make this stuff up… do most long term ford owners experience this? (I intend to keep this truck for several more years, but it’s less likely it will be replaced by another from the brand).

Mmm, recently had some passenger time in a large AMG. Stiff and bolstered, man but they fit like a glove and I could see a road trip in that thing.

Oh and honorable mention to Saab (good call on whoever said that above), as well as early 2000s Mitsubishi, which if memory serves were very similar to Saab.

The last truly cushioned and most comfortable seat was a 07 Kia Sorrento rental. Better than FIL Mercedes and Cadillac. It was thick and comfy with good adjustable support. Newer seats are thinner because of the need to reduce weight for mpg. Thanks again EPA.

I always despised the flat and ultra-soft barcalounger seats in domestic "luxury" cars. The worst seats I've had to endure recently were the base seats in my son's E90 328i. In contrast, I've always liked the sport seats in my BMWs. The seats in my Club Sport are all-day comfortable and have held up well for 29 years.
July 7 ti interior.jpg

The seats in the C43 are equally comfortable; my wife thinks they are better than the BMW seats. I only wish that the side bolsters were adjustable, as they aren't as snug as the BMW seats.
C43 int - Edited.jpg

I wish Mazdas had decent seats. I shouldn't feel worse in a cx5's seats than the Recaros in the Evo, but definitely the most uncomfortable seats I've ever been on. 2-3 hours of driving and my shoulder and neck is dying.

Minivans have super comfy seating though, and the higher seats position helps so much.

God I feel old....:p

I wish Mazdas had decent seats. I shouldn't feel worse in a cx5's seats than the Recaros in the Evo, but definitely the most uncomfortable seats I've ever been on. 2-3 hours of driving and my shoulder and neck is dying.

Minivans have super comfy seating though, and the higher seats position helps so much.

God I feel old....:p
The seats in my Mazdaspeed 3 were very comfortable. I'm still disappointed that Mazda abandoned the hot hatch market segment.

The seats in my Mazdaspeed 3 were very comfortable. I'm still disappointed that Mazda abandoned the hot hatch market segment.

I never got to sit in one. The '24 cx5 loaner I had for a month had slightly softer seats but I didn't drive that anywhere more than 20mins and the headrest was still too far forward.

Mazda3 is still available as a hatch with a 2.5 turbo and AWD, is it not?

The AWD flavors are automatic-only.

I have currently a 32 inch waist..I am.over 6 foot tall.. my bmw leather seats are fantastic. My toyota limited with leather is also fantastic. My older porsches have the best leather seats in the world...

Back