mosquito man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what exactly causes a lawn mower to smoke briefly when you have turned it on it's side to say, clear clogged clippings from the deck? i always make sure that i tilt the deck up as if i'm draining the oil out. it's a new briggs. broke in on dino for 5 hrs, then changed to amsoil 10w30. sometimes it's quite heavy and smelly, {the smoke that is} lol, but it always clears up within a few seconds and runs well. no oil consumption either. is this trapped oil on top of the piston or something? thanks, penz

Oil from the sump slipping past the rings
dunno.gif
Mine does the same thing. That's why I clean out the mower deck every 2 minutes when mowing
lol.gif
hehehe

Actually, if it is on it's side, it more than likely goes through the breather on the side of the motor. It's when you tilt it back that teh rings get it.
tongue.gif

Yep, whether it's through the rings, breather, valves, etc ... your crankcase oil is suddenly making its way into the combustion chamber.

Small puffs are not a big deal. But if this is prolonged smoking of several seconds or more, shut down immediately and check the oil level in your motor. It might have consumed a significant amount and you may need to top off.

--- Bror Jace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back