Mobil 1FS 0W40, Honda Civic Type R FK2 , 2279km racetrack

Overall, the viscosity is still thinner, which can be dangerous, especially on the turbocharger. The noack is less important than the Teost test. If mobile 1 fs 0W40 can withstand 24 h races and under maximum load, then that should always be enough for us, not to mention noack.

Overall, the viscosity is still thinner, which can be dangerous, especially on the turbocharger. The noack is less important than the Teost test. If mobile 1 fs 0W40 can withstand 24 h races and under maximum load, then that should always be enough for us, not to mention noack.

It's whatever you feel more comfortable with. There's no reliability concerns, as you mentioned. I like to chase every 0.5 hp I can get in racing which is why I run a 0W-12 in my track car.

I can absolutely understand you there. But what about the durability of the engine when it is operated with such thin oils? Is that still healthy in the long run? The honda serial oil has a lot of molybdenum (500-650 ppm) but only 8cst at 100C. I don't know if that would possibly promote wear and tear!?

The liquid form VIIs can have FP in the 195-200°C range. It's not a drastic drop from the base oil, but still there.

A short study on flash point observation is seen in this paper. Adding 7.8% VII to SN-500 base oil slightly reduced the oil's flash point by 2°C.

Right that’s from the solvent or carrier. I don’t know how a polymer of that molecular weight could even have a flashpoint.

It's whatever you feel more comfortable with. There's no reliability concerns, as you mentioned. I like to chase every 0.5 hp I can get in racing which is why I run a 0W-12 in my track car.
Is it tracking daily driver or racing specific car prepared for that? The choice of oils (and other stuff) is drastically different between two.

I can absolutely understand you there. But what about the durability of the engine when it is operated with such thin oils? Is that still healthy in the long run? The honda serial oil has a lot of molybdenum (500-650 ppm) but only 8cst at 100C. I don't know if that would possibly promote wear and tear!?
This is the tricky part. Are you tracking your daily driver (like I do) or have you specifically prepared a car for racing? Track-only vehicles usually have extreme cooling capabilities and engine rebuilds are not uncommon.
I track daily, and I don't use anything thinner than XW40. I track my car with a child seat in the back, two subwoofers below the seats, and two amplifiers in trunk. Obviously, 0.5hp for me is irrelevant. I just go to blow off some steam and have fun and then next day take kids to school and daycare.

In the near future, I won't drive the racetrack so often. I want the car to be well preserved so that the value remains stable. Engine damage due to the thin oil is not known at honda even beyond 200000 kilometres. The American f3 Series also requires a 0W20. I think you can use both, this engine has no problems with it. But I have never seen a bad result of a 0W20 from engine oil analyses when you fill it into suitable engines

In the near future, I won't drive the racetrack so often. I want the car to be well preserved so that the value remains stable. Engine damage due to the thin oil is not known at honda even beyond 200000 kilometres. The American f3 Series also requires a 0W20. I think you can use both, this engine has no problems with it. But I have never seen a bad result of a 0W20 from engine oil analyses when you fill it into suitable engines
What is your oil temperature?
IMO, anyone planning to track a vehicle, and is concerned with expenses, should consider a good used car, not a new car. I personally would consider some cheap car on a side if you can swing it. I track my BMW, but in case of a track-related issue, I have on a side Honda Pilot and my wife's Tiguan. And engine issues are the least of my concern. A few weeks back, I downshifted too late in a hard right curve, spun across the track, and almost got picked up by BMW 750i that was resembling more of a ballistic missile than a car. Luckily it was manufacturer driver testing, so he knew what he was doing.

My oil temperature is usually up to 110-115 C, sometimes below only up to 107 C. Since the Wagner intercooler, the car has also been running cooler on the ring. Isn't 0W20 enough?

My oil temperature is usually up to 110-115 C, sometimes below only up to 107 C. Since the Wagner intercooler, the car has also been running cooler on the ring. Isn't 0W20 enough?
If you are running 110-115 on the ring, that is ok. Do you have actual oil cooler or is it fluid-fluid heat exchanger?

I think it's just a heat exchanger. The vehicle only has an oil cooler for the transmission. The Wagner intercooler has lowered temperatures immensely. Do you think a turbocharger can handle such thin oil? Some say that due to the improved volume flow and the faster removal of heat, a thinner oil would be better for turbos?

I think it's just a heat exchanger. The vehicle only has an oil cooler for the transmission. The Wagner intercooler has lowered temperatures immensely. Do you think a turbocharger can handle such thin oil? Some say that due to the improved volume flow and the faster removal of heat, a thinner oil would be better for turbos?
You are running at very low altitude. I think you can get away with 0W20 as long as oil temperatures are in that range. Find something there that has very high HTHS for 0W20 oil. If you were here I would say go HPL, but you are not. You can go Motul 300V 0W20 when it is track season.

The Honda engine oil series has a lot of molybdenum to reduce wear at the limit. I would say that it is similarly additive to the Motul 300v. Seen from the engine itself, I'm not worried about the thin oil, but what about turbocharger and the shaft, doesn't the thin oil coup very quickly?

Amsoil Signature Series 10w30 has very low noack and Not Much polymers. Is this a good Choice ? What do you think ?

The Honda engine oil series has a lot of molybdenum to reduce wear at the limit. I would say that it is similarly additive to the Motul 300v. Seen from the engine itself, I'm not worried about the thin oil, but what about turbocharger and the shaft, doesn't the thin oil coup very quickly?
Motul has different base stock etc. It is actual racing oil.

This Engine oil will be good, too i think. Noack will be 7.xx and it is a good base oil. In germany i can buy it for 8€ per Litre.

Back