Mobil 1 Truck and Suv

Originally Posted by 4WD
TSC had it for 25-something sitting next to Delvac for 13-something
(90% of the vehicles in their lot are LT's or SUV's)

Yep...I saw that Mobil 1 T&SUV at Tractor Supply yesterday for $26....

PimTac said:
$42.00? ...³...³

That'll sell well.

I'm sure it's cheaper elsewhere.

At autozone and oriellys PP is 43 dollars in my area and 22 at walmart. Almost all oil at part stores in my area is atleast 38 dollars for 5 qt

It makes sense for a place like TSC.

I'd just go straight to a CK4/SN oil if I wanted "hard working truck oil."

Probably be $24 at Walmart. The thing that cracks me up...doesn't look like She'll Rotella Gas Truck has done all that well, so hows this oil going to do? Doesn't Mobil1 have enough oils out there already, I can't even keep up? And I use Rotella Gas Truck (and I like it), but I only use it because of the excellent rebates. But honestly the oil has been good, his Noack, use less oil between intervals, engine seems quieter.

Originally Posted by splinter
Not for use in conventional passenger vehicles such as coupes, sedans or roadsters!
Mobil doesn't say that. In fact, this oil passes those specs. for most passenger vehicles.

Mobil 1 did this many years ago had a truck and SUV oil but that it disappeared for many years.
This was before dexos came out

Originally Posted by tblt44
Mobil 1 did this many years ago had a truck and SUV oil but that it disappeared for many years.

Yep. I used it a couple of times in my Tacoma back around 2007-2008 or so.

Not for use in conventional passenger vehicles such as coupes, sedans or roadsters!

That's funny!
I would not had laughed, had you included station wagons and convertibles.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

That's funny!
I would not had laughed, had you included station wagons and convertibles.

Bad situation if a Honda would start to grow a Honda deflector like F250's have

I almost bought some years ago because Autozone had it on clearance, but, I didn't and never tried it.

I think Mobil and Shell are watching the vehicle market. Trucks and SUVs have been selling really well the last couple of years.

Our local Meijer stocks the Mobil 1 Truck and SUV oil. When they first started putting it on the shelf, it was $35.00, after a couple of months, it has dropped down to $28.00.

Originally Posted by njohnson

I almost bought some years ago because Autozone had it on clearance, but, I didn't and never tried it.

I think Mobil and Shell are watching the vehicle market. Trucks and SUVs have been selling really well the last couple of years.

They are fighting a shelf space diversity battle that is eroding their core branding.

IMO Mobil shouldn't cheapen their flagship Mobil1 branding. "Vanilla" is the last thing I want associated with my 40+ year old market leading brand to be associated with.

Something like "All Vehicles. All Mileage. All Mobil1." And leave it.

Originally Posted by BLND1
Originally Posted by njohnson

They are fighting a shelf space diversity battle that is eroding their core branding.

IMO Mobil shouldn't cheapen their flagship Mobil1 branding. "Vanilla" is the last thing I want associated with my 40+ year old market leading brand to be associated with.

Something like "All Vehicles. All Mileage. All Mobil1." And leave it.

I'm ok with (3) tiers (good, better, best), but any more than that is just overkill. Ideally just one Mobil 1 would be best but that's just not how it is.

One would think it's a wagon some jumped on to not get left behind … so far it's led to the best stash of best lubes I have had in years … hated to leave $2 RGT on the shelf but mine are over filled.

Rotella Gas Truck seems stout when compared to this and it's pretty cheap. Advance still had a sale for around $10 per 5qt jug. The M1 Truck&SUV just looks like a gimmick at this point.

Back