Mobil 1 Truck and Suv

Rotella Gas Truck seems stout when compared to this and it's pretty cheap. Advance still had a sale for around $10 per 5qt jug. The M1 Truck&SUV just looks like a gimmick at this point.
30% PAO and I got it for $15 … keep these coming … Shell Stop & Start for $10 year end ?

RGT is 30% PAO? Or are you talking M1?

He's definitively talking about M1 because Shell never tells us what the base oils are in their lubricants. Just look at any Shell SDS.

Attachments

• F6A26EB2-E0A6-46DA-9146-F4132AED324D.png
    F6A26EB2-E0A6-46DA-9146-F4132AED324D.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 109
If 30% PAO, then how does someone conclude RGT is more stout compared? Interesting things are said in these threads.

RGT 5W-30 is a stout oil for what it is, as it has solid viscosity numbers and a good flashpoint. I assume that it has an HTHS of around 3.2 based on those numbers. The Mobil 1 Truck&SUV 5000 LB towing guarantee is a bad joke, as any PCMO can do that in a pickup truck. But when you need serious towing done with a pickup truck, not to mention if you don't have an oil cooler like me, then all of these pretend heavy-duty oils are useless. Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 has an HTHS of 3.6 and only about 20% PAO or less, however, it will kick the rears of any of these other oils. For temperatures around 240F to 260F during towing, I want something that won't turn to runny water. It's clever marketing though, as it was meant to appeal to soccer dads who drive a pickup truck or an SUV and want to feel a bit more manly when they do their oil change. Don't be fooled, it's just regular motor oil. You want something heavy-duty, start at Rotella T6 5W-30 Multi-Vehicle and work your way up from there. PAO isn't everything in motor oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meijer had M1 and an M1 filter for $7 off + M1's $10 rebate. The only juice in a 5/30 flavor left on the self was the T&S. But for $22 for the oil and filter, I don't care whether it's marketing or not. Snagged a filter for the Wife’s Corolla for next time too.

20200816_165601.jpg

Never said Rotella Gas Truck wasn't stout. I was just asking what makes someone think that M1 Truck & SUV isn't, or at least isn't as good somehow.

Typically, I see higher flash point combined with lower pour point for Mobil 1's formulations with higher PAO content. Again, yes, I know RGT is good, too. I currently have it in my two Jeeps and my 3.5 Ecoboost is just starting a run with it. I'm just not seeing it as superior to the same weight in a Mobil 1 product. We'll see, though. I've had several UOA's with Mobil 1 EP and AP and will do one with RGT when it hits around 7500-8000 miles.

Based on what?

Based on those two hot snails attached to each exhaust manifold and the occasional fuel that dilutes the oil. Plus, Shell recommends it for hardworking Ford pickup trucks 😁

It looks like just another marketing gimmick. Just use regular M1 or M1 EP and you'll be fine with the MFR's OCI.

Back