Mobil 1 green cap 0-W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to wall of China mart to get a quart of oil for my kids car. There was this new M-1 0-W30 in a bright green capped bottle. I noticed that it didn't say anything about Acura/Honda like the regular M-1. Anybody know anything about this stuff? I don't see it on their website.

No it was 0-W30, I compared it to others for several minutes. Then didn't buy it! I wanted to ask here.

You can buy the 0w30 now in 5qt jugs which is great. The new 0w20 AFE I'm using now. Both are very good oils.

Originally Posted By: OilGuy
I think you meant 0W-20:)

Yes, you are correct. I went to the grocery store and since the walmart is right next door i had to double check.

0w20, 0W30

Quote:
Mobil 1 0W-30 offers an enhanced fuel economy formula and exceeds the requirements of the latest industry standards required by newer modern gasoline and diesel powered automobile engines.

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
Originally Posted By: OilGuy
I think you meant 0W-20:)

Yes, you are correct. I went to the grocery store and since the walmart is right next door i had to double check.

0w20, 0W30

No worries:)

Originally Posted By: deven
Mobil's going green, I guess. I like how they say "Exceeds 5w30 and 10w30 warranty requirements"

Agree.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Man, you guys get such better oil selections in the US than we do here.....sigh...
Esso XD-3 OW-30..Great oil very good price made by XOM at Imperial oil and only us Canucks can get it

Originally Posted By: Bulli
i wonder how 0-30 performs

Very well.

I've used it for the past year; it's performance is similar to Mobil 1 5W-20 but with increased HT/HS rating and OTT OEM specification compliance.

Timely marketing by Mobil I suspect. They've established both their 0W20/30 oils as low friction fuel efficient oils ... whatever "low friction" is. And in the 0W30's case, Mobil cites 2% improved gas mileage while offering 100C viscosity in the same range as most 5W30 oils. With $3-4/gal gas...smart move.

I remeber several years ago that TooSlick claimed mileage improvements of 2% on average when he switched vehicles over to synthetic oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back