Mobil 1 FS European Car Formula Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-40

The FS stands for "for suckers" as the new formula isn't as good as the old one but people still think it is. All jokes aside it's a phenomenal oil and I don't no think twice about running it on my Euro car. It had a good list of approvals as well which is all you need to worry about.

From Mobil:

CA51E509-430A-4468-AD8A-A6E91D404FCB.png

I couldn’t see how it’s Full Synthetic, isn’t all Mobil 1 brand full synthetic? Plus it already says that on the label spelled out, why add a little cryptic notation as well? They don’t do that for any of the other Mobil 1 products do they?

Out of the possibilities mentioned only Full SAPS makes any sense. No 40-grade is going to be Fuel Saving either, plus none of the AFE products have a little FS on them.

I inferred it meant Full Synthetic, but Full Saps seems more plausible. Folks, remember it's marketing who designs the labels. Not engineers..But, I don't work for them, IDK.

I e-mailed the tech line. And asked if "FS" stand for Full Synthetic etc and/or what it meant? According to them "FS" is an internal delineator that differentiates between products. They absolutely never answered the question. Typical corporate response.

Back