mixing oils, please advise

I am going to do my first oil change on a Corvette C8. It calls for a Dex-r 0w- 40 Mobil 1 “supercar” which are not that expensive and come in lots of six. However, if you need individual qts,, they are like 25 bucks… Go figure… I have one quart unopened, and 6 quarts on the way. It takes 7.5 with a new filter. For that other half quart that I may need to put in, can I mix in PUP 0W 40 without any problems? I know this sounds paranoid, but I thought I’d ask… My guess is it won’t hurt a thing.

I am going to do my first oil change on a Corvette C8. It calls for a Dex-r 0w- 40 Mobile one “supercar” which are not that expensive and come in lots of six. However, if you need individual qts,, they are like 25 bucks… Go figure… I have one quart unopened, and 6 quarts on the way. It takes 7.5 with a new filter. For that other half quart that I may need to put in, can I mix in PUP 0W 40 without any problems? I know this sounds paranoid, but I thought I’d ask… My guess is it won’t hurt a thing.
Mix away !

I looked at that, they want $7 delivery fee no free shipping under 35 bucks and it is not available for pick up. so it ends up to be 17 bucks…. I can find pup for seven or eight bucks local… i’ll look at Mobile one ESP.

I don’t wanna do that. My next oil change is at 7500 miles, I now have 3000, and it is free from GM. Don’t ask why they pick up the 7500 oil change, but they do. So that means that after that somewhere around 12,000 or so, so I would use up the other, extra “stash”…..And that could be years, because I put about 3000 miles on the car a year, I can’t see holding the extra hat long.

Back