Mixing Castrol Edge 0W-20 and Magnatec 0W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be opposed to mixing this? Just less messy for me in a Toyota 2GR-FE engine. Mixing a 5L jug with 1L of Magnatec.

I have 6, 1L containers that's enough for one change. But, Canadian Tire has a Black Friday deal for Edge 5L @ $26.99. If I use one of each there's less mess and no empty bottles. Which is my main objective.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Make sure you use separate funnels and rags for each.

no doubt

Make sure you give me all your oil too. Haha.

Lol the engine will blow if you mix oil. Haven't you learned anything on BITOG yet?

Do it, all is good.

Originally Posted By: Run
Lol the engine will blow if you mix oil. Haven't you learned anything on BITOG yet?

Do it, all is good.

I've learned two things.
grin2.gif

Mobil products are the best and Fram Ultras are the only thing I use because Purolator and louvers will make my engines blow up.

I've spent many a sleepless night worrying about mixing.

If mixing oil is bad, then changing to another oil is also bad (but less so).

And if that is bad, then even using the same oil is bad because formulations change.

In which case, the right thing to do would be to buy all your oil for the lifetime of your car from the same batch. But then you'd have to invest in non reactive containers, temperature control, vacuum sealing and automatic stirring.

So my next car will be a Tesla.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
I've spent many a sleepless night worrying about mixing.

If mixing oil is bad, then changing to another oil is also bad (but less so).

And if that is bad, then even using the same oil is bad because formulations change.

In which case, the right thing to do would be to buy all your oil for the lifetime of your car from the same batch. But then you'd have to invest in non reactive containers, temperature control, vacuum sealing and automatic stirring.

So my next car will be a Tesla.

Then you'll worry about what chargers are best about the Tesla

I used to haul lumber all through Canada in the old days. Maybe I can rent a tanker and fill your house up
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Farmer

Make sure you give me all your oil too. Haha.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Then you'll worry about what chargers are best about the Tesla

Make sure to use fully synthetic electricity made only from renewable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back