Milk: what kind do you drink?

Since I’ve lost a lot of weight and been eating healthier I drink oat milk. Almond milk I tried, couldn’t stand the chalky taste. Even gave up the occasional buttermilk I love. What is the milk of choice in your household?

I drink Almond/coconut milk due to lactose sensitivity; Chocolate oat milk is the best chocolate sub I've found.

I DO, however, have to have my cookies with an ice-cold glass of whole milk!

The family all drink whole milk (due to the skinny kids)

I get milk from the local butcher shop which is from a local farm. Hickory Hill whole milk.

I despise the taste of almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, etc... I've tried them all at least a couple of times each over the years, and want to spit it out each time. I can't stand it.

That said, it's rare that I drink just milk by itself. I use milk a fair bit in cooking though, particularly when making omlets or homemade ice cream.

My dad drinks 2% I believe, he drinks milk like it’s water. I have IBS and it causes issues for me so I only occasionally drink it. Never cared much for straight milk anyway.

I also have IBS and milk actually soothes it for me. IBS effects everybody differently though.

I grew up on a farm and my first "job" at 12 was on a dairy farm wacking cows in the arse to get them into the milking stations. Back then I drank a lot of whole milk. At 48 the only milk I drink is 1/2 cup 2% in my cold (overnight) oats. I drink the 2% because that's what my 3 kids drink. 3-4 Gallons a week :oops:

Reactions: JC1
2% in daily granola-type cereal...

...which I LOVE plus a glass for lunch-time pill consumption.

2%. My wife has dairy issues, and has found cashew milk to be the best substitute. It's actually not too bad.

I also use coconut milk in smoothies. I don't care for it straight or with cereal/coffee/etc.

Plain old skim milk. My wife grew up on a dairy farm, so we have milk with breakfast, lunch , dinner. We even have milk with our milk. My late father-in-law used to go to the local watering hole every afternoon to catch up on the town gossip. His daily order? A chocolate milk. He was a wild and crazy guy. 🤪

I get milk from the local butcher shop which is from a local farm. Hickory Hill whole milk.

I despise the taste of almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk, etc... I've tried them all at least a couple of times each over the years, and want to spit it out each time. I can't stand it.

That said, it's rare that I drink just milk by itself. I use milk a fair bit in cooking though, particularly when making omlets or homemade ice cream.

I had to get used to the non-milks.

My dad drank skim milk growing up, so that's what I was used to. My mom's side drank 2%, which I thought was pretty gross at the time. Ever since switching our kids from breast milk to cow milk I've grown to really like whole milk. It's a shame I can't drink too much of it, otherwise, I'd stink everyone out of the house!

I mainly use Almond/coconut milk for my raw, plant-based protein shakes in the morning, as well as cereal and the like. When it comes to cookies, it's got to be dunked into cow milk!

I'm an adult. I drink hot black coffee and strong cold beers. Oh, and water in between.

So, I guess that means I drink "0% milk" :unsure:

What a strange statement. I never heard of milk beings solely a children's drink.

I also like my coffee black, with no added pumps of chemical flavoring, as well as cold, not ice-cold, beer. A strong double IPA, fruity New England IPA, Scotch Ale, etc all taste like, well, coldness, not beer when they're too cold (i.e., freezing or just below). I like my beer at around 40F. I know that's still too cold for some Europeans, but it's just right for me; a good combination of tasty and refreshing.

Speaking of warm beer: when I was in Kenya, they drank their Tuskers at ROOM temperature. I tried it to be polite, but it was terrible and foamy. They all laughed and provided us with the expected ice-cold ale, to our satisfaction, considering it was hotter than Hades there!

Back