MC FL-820S Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, always liked the construction of the 820s the preferred filter I always used on my Dodge Durango 4.7
Used to pick them up dirt cheap at Walmart. Its one heavy filter, well made.
Just got rid of that 2008 Truck one year ago, still never needed to add oil to the engine between oil changes in over 150,000 miles mostly, all on conventional 5/30 oil and the 820 filters. Over the years it short distance towed anywhere from just over 5000 lb boat and trailer to 3000 lb smaller boat.
REALLY liked that engine. It was a gorilla.

Yeah, that's it.

Well.... Good bad or in different that could possibly be really what could happen at times with those filters having issues.

To be candid in your cut open filter... That one does look better in terms of how the media was distributed in the filter. No super wide gaps in that one. On a scale of 0-10... About a 7/10.

The Motorcraft fl 400s and the fl 500s typically look like 9.5/10 or better.

You got me all wrong.
I love Crap....
9E6720FA-34F8-4B13-BE42-3582C8AEA75E.jpeg

Well.... Good bad or in different that could possibly be really what could happen at times with those filters having issues.

To be candid in your cut open filter... That one does look better in terms of how the media was distributed in the filter. No super wide gaps in that one. On a scale of 0-10... About a 7/10.

The Motorcraft fl 400s and the fl 500s typically look like 9.5/10 or better.
My son buys his 820S filters from work. Maybe they are REAL Ford MC filters and the others are knock offs being sold by WM and other places.
I know, it even sounds far fetched to me. And, l cant explain why his filter looks better. The WM theory is just me reaching for some kind of answer. 🤷‍♂️

My son buys his 820S filters from work. Maybe they are REAL Ford MC filters and the others are knock offs being sold by WM and other places.
I know, it even sounds far fetched to me. And, l cant explain why his filter looks better. The WM theory is just me reaching for some kind of answer. 🤷‍♂️
I used many of them.
I think on the outside none are finer.
They are cheap and give off a premium feel.
But lets throw another $1 into them and bring back the high standards. That's all. Still would be under $5 each here. What better than to use a MC filter on a Ford.

Agreed ... reaching. You just got one that looks half way decent ... luck of the draw.

Check out those slices in the adbv. Same as the last 820s that I used and many posted here. I wish purolator would have some better quality control for their filters or that Ford would just change suppliers...
I wonder why they won't? I'm sure Ford suspects that their filters are in need of change. It might be a $$$$ thing. We all know it's not a common sense thing. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back