MC FL-820S Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off of my sons 2004 (new style) F150 Lariat, 5.4 3V, 80K miles.
Drained Amsoil SS 5W30, 8K miles.
FL-820S went back on with Havoline Pro-DS 5W30.
820.jpg820-2.jpg820-3.jpg820-4.jpg820-5.jpg820-6.jpg820-7.jpg820-9.jpg820-10.jpg

I wonder why this 820S doesn't have all of those wavy pleats like all of the other 820S filters posted here?
Amazing, right? :rolleyes:

Just wondering if maybe... It's Amsoil SS 5w30 running on Louisiana where the oil never gets really cold or thick hardly much at all. Where in other places where it gets down to less than the lower 10s or colder that oil is far far thicker and that is what is causing the issues with weak filter media and wide pleats in the 820s.

And yeah I know it cold very cold in that area of the country this past winter. However it was not for weeks and weeks. It was about a week tops. And the worst of that cold spell in Louisiana was really for about 3 days.

Just wondering if maybe... It's Amsoil SS 5w30 running on Louisiana where the oil never gets really cold or thick hardly much at all. Where in other places where it gets down to less than the lower 10s or colder that oil is far far thicker and that is what is causing the issues with weak filter media and wide pleats in the 820s.

And yeah I know it cold very cold in that area of the country this past winter. However it was not for weeks and weeks. It was about a week tops. And the worst of that cold spell in Louisiana was really for about 3 days.
Yeah, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back