Mazda 2.5L Turbo oil Choice?

I think Mazda recommends an api sm or higher oil. not sure but they may recommend a ilsac rated oil. Castrol 5w30 K is rated sp but not ilsac rated. The acea c3 rating is the euro rating for light duty diesel and some euro gasoline engines. Im sure some senior members here can guide further, I'm still learning
I'm actually interested to hear what other say. I was trying to find a sp rated 5w30 rated oil to possibly put in my 2 new eco boosts and hadn't found any till I looked up the Castrol you were thinking of using. it just lacking the latest ilsac rating

Thought I'd give an update...

I was at 4650miles (factory fill0 and 1/2 qt low (turbo), so thought I should just do the 1st change rather than add 0.5qt. Manual calls for 4.8qt's. I go ahead and add the whole 5qt jug of Castrol 5w-30 Euro C3 version, sourced of off of Amazon. It barely comes up past the tip of the dipstick. I had read on a Mazda forum that others had the same experience of the recommended fill amount coming up short. So I need another qt. I proceed to go to Autozone, Oreilly's and AAP, nobody has it. I go to Walmart, they have Castrol Edge 5w-30 Euro A4/B3 version (not the C3 version I put in). It was the closest I was going to get, grabbed a qt and the rest is history. It is BMW LL-01 approved interestingly, I follow that as well since I own a BMW M235, N55 variant, but I digress.

I Plan to put Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 in future fills FWIW, thanks EddyVW.

One reason I hate using oil that is only available via the inter webs is because of situations like this, where I can't find it locally when I am in need. Therefore, thinking I might just keep putting the Walmart version of the Castrol Edge 5w-30 Euro A3/B4, not the C3 just because I can get it locally? Should I stick with the C3, or ESP Mobil 1 for the more current/modern specs and better intake deposit performance?

Sorry for the long post, hope it wasn't TLDR...

Had a couple of 2.5T vehicles, and manual lists 5.1 quarts as the engine oil capacity. The non-turbo 2.5 has the 4.8 quart capacity.

Usually put in 5.25 quarts at oil change.

Thought I'd give an update...

I was at 4650miles (factory fill0 and 1/2 qt low (turbo), so thought I should just do the 1st change rather than add 0.5qt. Manual calls for 4.8qt's. I go ahead and add the whole 5qt jug of Castrol 5w-30 Euro C3 version, sourced of off of Amazon. It barely comes up past the tip of the dipstick. I had read on a Mazda forum that others had the same experience of the recommended fill amount coming up short. So I need another qt. I proceed to go to Autozone, Oreilly's and AAP, nobody has it. I go to Walmart, they have Castrol Edge 5w-30 Euro A4/B3 version (not the C3 version I put in). It was the closest I was going to get, grabbed a qt and the rest is history. It is BMW LL-01 approved interestingly, I follow that as well since I own a BMW M235, N55 variant, but I digress.

I Plan to put Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 in future fills FWIW, thanks EddyVW.

One reason I hate using oil that is only available via the inter webs is because of situations like this, where I can't find it locally when I am in need. Therefore, thinking I might just keep putting the Walmart version of the Castrol Edge 5w-30 Euro A3/B4, not the C3 just because I can get it locally? Should I stick with the C3, or ESP Mobil 1 for the more current/modern specs and better intake deposit performance?

Sorry for the long post, hope it wasn't TLDR...
Wal Mart will have Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W30 which is C3 oil.
Mobil1 ESP 0W30 and 5W30 are readily available at Auto Zone or/and Advanced Auto Parts.
All these choices are excellent, my vote goes to Mobil1 ESP 5W30. My local Auto Zone carries it as of recently at $37 for 5qt.

You can go both C3 or A3. I would stick to C3.

Wal Mart will have Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W30 which is C3 oil.
Mobil1 ESP 0W30 and 5W30 are readily available at Auto Zone or/and Advanced Auto Parts.
All these choices are excellent, my vote goes to Mobil1 ESP 5W30. My local Auto Zone carries it as of recently at $37 for 5qt.

You can go both C3 or A3. I would stick to C3.
C3 it is! Thank you!

Back