Malaysia Airlines 777 loses contact...not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 757guy

Over several years during the 90's, I had the opportunity to "instruct" some 50-75 different people taking 747-400 simulator joyrides, and not one of them could land the 747-400 without me taking the simulator from them to get it lined back up, or corrected from an unusual attitude. Even if they got close to landing on the runway, they usually ran off the side, or landed so hard that the landing gear collapsed and the wings snapped off (Hypothetically since we were in a simulator). Thankfully the joyride program ended when we started hiring pilots again and the simulators were too busy to allow for anything but training.

Hope that clears up the fantasy...

Tsk. Northworst let the general public in the simulators? Hah! Too bad we inherited Anderson.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Trav
Astro Thank you for the detailed explanations of what goes on in the cockpit and the systems used to keep the plane in flight and contact.

+10000

The best insight I've read in years on here is not related to oil, but actually Astro's posts about flying.

The only thing I don't think I learned from him in this area is if he was top gun... Which I assume to be the case if for no other reason than my imagination.

+1 Agreed, absolutely fantastic insight!
thumbsup2.gif

Speaking of planes being complex. Not that it relates in any way to the plane in question, but I always found the Concorde cockpit to be really neat looking:

800px-ConcordeCockpitSinsheim.jpg

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Speaking of planes being complex.

I'm sure any of us could land that on a dime with a cheat sheet.
wink.gif

LMAO
grin.gif

wink.gif

Highly unlikely ;)lol Private pilot here myself.

wink.gif

I have thousands of hours on PC flight simulators ranging from LucasArts Battle Hawks 1942 up to Rise of Flight. So I could do it in half a dime.....
smile.gif

Astro Thank you for the detailed explanations of what goes on in the cockpit and the systems used to keep the plane in flight and contact.

+10000

The best insight I've read in years on here is not related to oil, but actually Astro's posts about flying.

The only thing I don't think I learned from him in this area is if he was top gun... Which I assume to be the case if for no other reason than my imagination.

thumbsup2.gif

Let's not forget 757guy too.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: Trajan

+10000

thumbsup2.gif

01.gif

For sure
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
On the most recent account of events, the trip up to 45K feet has now been retracted. There is only one thing I know for sure about this event....the Malaysian Government is completely unfit to lead this investigation. Either something happened or it didn't....and if you are unsure, don't state it as the truth.

I personally think they know more than they are leading on and are playing dumb.

Agreed. They're covering something up, either by withholding information or misrepresenting it on purpose.

Quote:
On Friday, Malaysia Airlines CEO released some new information that could bolster the fire theory. Four days after denying that the plane had carried any hazardous materials, the CEO admitted that it was carrying a shipment of lithium-ion batteries in its cargo hold.

These batteries, which commonly power cell phones and other gadgets, have occasionally caused fires, including on airplanes. The Mail reports data from the FAA citing 140 incidents in the last 25 years involving lithium-ion batteries. At least two major crashes in the past two decades, meanwhile, have been caused by on-board fires, including a Swissair flight in 1998 and a UPS cargo plane in 2010.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-plane-lithium-ion-batteries-2014-3#ixzz2wtNPTBbW

I'm not saying this is what happened, but there is clearly a cover up.

In all my years following aviation, I don't think I have never seen such a mess of a investigation.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

+10000

thumbsup2.gif

01.gif

For sure.
01.gif

So now I see on the news that they announced the plane did crash into the Indian ocean but they are basing that on satellite photos and no ships have found the debris to confirm it is even part of the plane. That's just crazy to me that they would announce that.

malaysia-cell-phone_jake_dina.jpg

This photo was taken from inside the flight 5 hrs in and email via a mobile phone to an ex boyfriend. Why has google decided to remove all traces of this photo, lucky i saved in time. Something just doesnt add up.

i hate google and this whole conspiracy, they are hiding something, there where 5 links to this story from Fox studios and CNN and all articles dissapered on top of that all search records dissapered so it took me 6 hrs to get it back from my temp internet files.

Originally Posted By: kalloggs40
malaysia-cell-phone_jake_dina.jpg

This photo was taken from inside the flight 5 hrs in and email via a mobile phone to an ex boyfriend. Why has google decided to remove all traces of this photo, lucky i saved in time. Something just doesnt add up.

Hard to view with my phone screen. Anything out of the ordinary with this photo?

I will play along. Did that jet come with the inflight back of the seat entertainment system since the day one or was it retrofitted? I think this was an old plane and I doubt it had those screens when the plane was manufactured. Why is window showing the outside light? Was it morning at that time? An most importantly, who sends a photo to *EX* boyfriend????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back