Flight documents show MH370 was ‘buried in an ocean trench by pilot’, says Boeing expert

You will not even get the specifics on good old normal air route traffic control radar, its classified.
You do realize that ALMOST ALL ATC radar input is from transponders, not radar reflections. I am not an expert, but I doubt non-military radar can get a skin-reflection at 100 miles, much less 1000 miles. Satellites would seem to have a better chance since the full wing area is available from above.

Sure. However, there is a misunderstanding that liquid fuel ignites and that somehow an "empty" fuel tank isn't likely to catch on fire for one reason or another.
While this is off topic, I think it needs some facts.

Fuel tanks are never really empty as there is always some residual fuel remaining. In the case of TWA flight 800, it was estimated that about 3/4" of jet fuel remained in the "empty" center tank
(CFT,CWT)

One of the theories was that the (unventilated) A/C units below and near the center fuel tank, plus the tarmac temperature, heated the fuel so that Hot-surface ignition (or autoignition) existed. Another theory was that a combustible vapor existed above it. The problem with those theories was it was never proven that those temperatures and vapor pressures could reach the ignition points for either case.

Another suggested ignition source was that of sparking wires which might have had insulation chaffed or removed by mechanical vibration and or rubbing against adjacent metal structures. However, those wires for the fuel level sensors and boost fuel pumps are low voltage and current limited.

So a total energy study was done to determine how much additional energy (in Joules), in this case electrical energy, it would take to ignite those vapors to combustion. Experiments were done using a no-motion and a sloshing fuel tank.

It was determined that none of the potential electrical energy sources in or near the CFT (CWT) provided enough energy to initiate fuel or fuel vapor combustion.

This study is in conflict with the Probable Cause summations found in Sections 3.1 and 3.2 of

Last edited:
You do realize that ALMOST ALL ATC radar input is from transponders, not radar reflections. I am not an expert, but I doubt non-military radar can get a skin-reflection at 100 miles, much less 1000 miles. Satellites would seem to have a better chance since the full wing area is available from above.
We can get primary (non-transponder) returns from almost any aircraft at 100 miles from the antenna site on ARSR. Even flocks of geese and wind farms. It gets progressively worse further from the antenna site. I think the operational range limit is ~280NM

Last edited:
There is nothing special or classified about ARSR.
I guess you have never toured an FAA control center. There are many things they will not disclose, all those systems are linked to Norad etc. The distance and altitude are not disclosed nor is any technical information either. I also had a relative that was a computer and radar tech for them as well. So what are your credentials?

Radar tracks objects in space from ground that can be thousands of miles away. Radar depends on the Radar equation.
When transponders fail? I guess you haven't heard the term primary radar?

I guess you have never toured an FAA control center. There are many things they will not disclose, all those systems are linked to Norad etc. The distance and altitude are not disclosed nor is any technical information either. I also had a relative that was a computer and radar tech for them as well. So what are your credentials?
Enroute air traffic controller for 19 years.

Enroute air traffic controller for 19 years.
Awesome! so you are not told to keep any secrets in that job?
Its the maintenance people that I asked questions to that said they couldn't answer them. You should then know what primary radar is, and not just the normal interrogating a transponder. My last tour would have been about 30 years ago.

So how many ufo's have you seen or been reported to ya?

Whatever became of this flight, can anyone think of a convincing innocent explanation for its having gone down somewhere in a vast area with the remains not found after ten years? Yeah, lighter pieces may have been fragmented in a crash into the sea, but the engines would have remained largely intact and are pretty massive.

Awesome! so you are not told to keep any secrets in that job?
Lots. But surveillance radar isn’t one of them. It has been public knowledge for decades.

So how many ufo's have you seen or been reported to ya?
Seen: none.
Reported: A fair amount, but very few that can’t be explained by known phenomena

Last edited:
Whatever became of this flight, can anyone think of a convincing innocent explanation for its having gone down somewhere in a vast area with the remains not found after ten years? Yeah, lighter pieces may have been fragmented in a crash into the sea, but the engines would have remained largely intact and are pretty massive.

Article from 2015.

“A Frenchman who clears the beaches of the tiny island where a piece of debris suspected to have come from missing Malaysian Airline flight MH370 was found this week says he found and destroyed several items that may have come from the plane earlier this year.

Reunion Island local Nicholas Ferrier said he burned a blue seat and several pieces of luggage that could have come from the aircraft, thinking they were insignificant pieces of trash.

"I found a couple of suitcases too, around the same time, full of things," Mr Ferrier told The Sunday Telegraph.

"I burnt them. That's my job. I collect rubbish, and burn it.

"I could have found many things that belonged to the plane, and burnt them, without realising. Like the seat," he said.

Mr Ferrier, said his wife was the only other person who knew about the blue seat, which he spotted roughly three months ago.

"It wasn't until Wednesday that it hit me what it could have been," Mr Ferrier said.

"It was probably part of that plane."

He also claimed to have seen the piece of wing – reportedly a component unique to Boeing called a flaperon – in early May, a contention backed up by another local who said she saw the barnacle-encrusted piece of debris while on a stroll with her young son.”

I seen on the internet that Godzilla got it.

All malarky aside, an airplane is a tiny little thing compared to any of the 7 seas. Shoot, I lose things that I drop in the yard. God's honest truth, I once melted down several grams worth of scrap gold to 'make a nugget' with a potato. I dropped that darn nugget and never found it, and I knew within 1 square foot where it landed.

Lots. But surveillance radar isn’t one of them. It has been public knowledge for decades.
Nice to know.

What is the max power of the finals in those radars? Are they Klystrons or now phased array systems?
What is the antenna gain? And what is the max altitude they can go and horizontal distance?
Are they a fixed frequency or spread spectrum, and what frequency or frequency's do they operate at and what is the PRF ? What is the smallest target primary can distinguish?
What is the max speed of an object that they will respond to?
Show me that all this is public knowledge.

Not at all off topic its all about tracking that plane. I'm sure all 100% accurate from google, rather see what the maker says.

Nice to know.

What is the max power of the finals in those radars? Are they Klystrons or now phased array systems?
What is the antenna gain? And what is the max altitude they can go and horizontal distance?
Are they a fixed frequency or spread spectrum, and what frequency or frequency's do they operate at and what is the PRF ? What is the smallest target primary can distinguish?
Siri, explain to me what privilege is.

Nice to know.

None of that matters when the airplane is over the horizon.

Unless, of course, you believe the Earth is flat, in which case, radar could’ve tracked it over the IO…

None of that matters when the airplane is over the horizon.

Unless, of course, you believe the Earth is flat, in which case, radar could’ve tracked it over the IO…
Its all about what is known about aircraft search radar. And your right that is why the radar has to be located in satellites in geosynchronous orbit, around the earth.

Back