Makita 36V blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I own an echo handheld and a big husqvarna backpack blower. I like to keep the yard, sidewalks, patios and driveway clean and clear. We've got lots of trees, so there's always something falling.

I found a great deal on Amazon for a Makita 36V brushless blower (XBU02, made in Japan), with two 5Ah batteries and a "free" brushless angle grinder.

I didn't buy it for lawn work. Maybe i'll become a believer, but I have no need and no desire to rely upon the energy in a battery for as much work as I do on my lawn. Perhaps fir a tiny strip of sidewalk or something it would be fine.

But it really shines for drying the car, which is why I got it.

Its much quieter and seemingly higher volume than my echo blower. In a low setting of 2 (fwiw), it beautifully and relatively quietly removes a lot of water from the surfaces. I suspect it's just set up as low mph high cfm. Or maybe it's the nozzle.

Low weight, quieter, don't need to run it a ton, so the battery is not a big limitation.

Very pleased.

I'm a believer.

I have the (40 volt) Ryobi Grass Trimmer and Hedge Trimmer.
They actually make doing yard work more enjoyable.

I bought mine 2 Weeks ago.
I don't know what made me think of buying them as I always used 'corded' tools'.

With the 'newer' battery technology always improving, I expect battery OPE will be a big seller this Summer.

I can see the benefit to cordless hedge trimmers. I use real shears, but I recall that my grandfather cut the cord with his a few times...

Weedwacker might be ok, its not a big load. Id not consider it for real blowing or mowing, regardless of how much I like the Makita.

I've been using the Makita DUB182 for years to dry my cars. I think you'll find your XBU02 will be better for use around the yard or to blow out the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back