My Home Depot Has No Gas Powered Lawn Equipment

They used to have a nice display of Echo gas saws, power blowers, hedge trimmers, weed trimmers, etc. No more. Now it's all battery. I didn't even see a gas powered mower.

They still sell 2 stroke oil, spark plugs, Tru-Fuel, and air filter elements... At least for the time being. Sad. :cry:
How much gas OPE do you need over there to deal with landscape gravel and cactus?? ;)

sad how times are changing I love gas powered equipment, I am glad however that I have very little grass to mow my Ryobi 40v mower and string trimmer suits my needs just fine. still have my gas/mix backpack blower and will continue until she quits on me.

Same at all the stores here too except Rural King. I only buy Stihl equipment now so I just go to Rural King. A few summers when we were looking for a weed eater we originally purchased a Milwaukee one and it was junk so we had to return it and I got the Stihl. The only reason we even tried the Milwaukee is because Home Depot or Lowe’s didn’t have except one model of gas and it was bottom of the barrel consumer grade. Sad how it’s come to this. I will never buy battery or corded lawn tools.

Same at all the stores here too except Rural King. I only buy Stihl equipment now so I just go to Rural King. A few summers when we were looking for a weed eater we originally purchased a Milwaukee one and it was junk so we had to return it and I got the Stihl. The only reason we even tried the Milwaukee is because Home Depot or Lowe’s didn’t have except one model of gas and it was bottom of the barrel consumer grade. Sad how it’s come to this. I will never buy battery or corded lawn tools.
You will eventually be forced to buy battery powered lawn equipment.

I just checked the stores around me (Pittsburgh) and they had Toro and Murray gas powered lawn mowers in stock, available for immediate pickup. I know California wants to outlaw gasoline powered lawn care equipment. Maybe Californians are driving over to Arizona and buying up all the gasoline powered equipment.

Local HD has close to a dozen different models of self-propelled lawn mowers "in store" (and they have 8, 12, 17, 21, etc of each of those available). I could check trimmers and other tools but clearly it's a seasonal or market thing, not some grand conspiracy of getting rid of gas-powered tools. Even more telling, no one will be mowing grass for the next 3+ months here so if they did get rid of them, they'd get rid of battery-powered ones too, temporarily, of course.

Back