Input on upgrading backpack blower

[Leaf blower bans have] happened in certain "Gucci" neighborhoods due to the political influence of the wealthy
The annoyance of a leaf blower has no socio-economic boundaries, but as usual only moneyed interests are able to convert their wishes into policy.

I have a 580BFS, it's been great. It's basically a Redmax, at least back when I bought it anyway. Was the most powerful blower on the market when I bought it 8 years ago or so. I believe Echo now has that claim. Just looked. My 580BFS is rated at 1000cfm airflow in pipe (1200cfm in housing) and 47N of blowing force. The Echo PB-9010 is rated at 1,110cfm at nozzle and 48N. So very close.

Last edited:
edge10:
I would opt for the Echo PB-9010H and not the T. The T has the tube mounted throttle and the wires will break from all the back and fourth of the tube right after warranty for home, and about at the 1 year mark for commercial. The H model has a super heavy duty throttle on your left, and frankly would will just set and forget anyways.

I would second this. The same was told to be about the Husky BFS vs BTS. The BTS has a grip mounted throttle and the cables would break. I have the BFS.

The real advantage of the most powerful blower is the time spent using it. My BG86 blower does an acceptable job, but it takes me every bit of 45 minutes to complete my yard. Yes, even in FL we lose Oak and Mahogany leaves, which make a huge mess.

A large commercial backpack blower can do the job in less than 10 minutes. Annoying the neighbors and myself FAR LESS.

Since I plan on moving, I'm not getting that big Echo blower yet....

The real advantage of the most powerful blower is the time spent using it. My BG86 blower does an acceptable job, but it takes me every bit of 45 minutes to complete my yard. Yes, even in FL we lose Oak and Mahogany leaves, which make a huge mess.

A large commercial backpack blower can do the job in less than 10 minutes. Annoying the neighbors and myself FAR LESS.

Yep, we live in the middle of the woods (maples and oaks), so I start blowing at the house and work my way outwards blowing everything towards and into the woods. I can blow right after it rains, as wet leaves are no problem for a powerful blower. Last fall I did my leaf blowing after it rained. It also peels up some of the moss we have for a lawn in the areas which don't get much sun due to the trees. Also makes easy work of wet pine needles when I blow out the neighbor down the street, as she has a large pine tree near her driveway that makes a mess.

I have a 13 yo Husqvarna /Redmax 150bt blower and I looking to get recommendations for a new blower with more power. The Husky has been pretty good over the years, pretty sure these aren't Redmax blowers anymore. I would like the weight around 24 -25 lbs. Anyone with experience with Husqvarna 360BT, Husqvarna 570BTS, Echo PB-580T or Echo PB-755ST ?
If you wan raw power Stihl is your best bet, but I i have had some trouble getting Stihl chainsaw parts lately, don't know if that includes blowers too.
If you want easy starting, go echo.
If you want absolutely no parts availability Husqvarna.

Whatever you buy run at least 40:1 CD rated 2 stroke oil mixed with ethanol free pump gas.

If you wan raw power Stihl is your best bet, but I i have had some trouble getting Stihl chainsaw parts lately, don't know if that includes blowers too.

Whatever you buy run at least 40:1 CD rated 2 stroke oil mixed with ethanol free pump gas.
Yeah this is certainly accurate. Stihls usually have the most power, I used to own all Stihls, but due to my issues with them I no longer purchase or recommend them, the other brands have caught up to them in the power dept. I helped a friend weed trim a large area on his property this past weekend. I had my trusty but ancient Echo SRM-230 trimmer, he has his Stihl 4-mix Kombi. The Stihl has more power, but by the time he got his started after 20 pulls I had already cleared a big area with mine. Why do I buy Echo? When you fix everyone else's equipment the last thing you want to do is work on your own stuff.

Anyone know if the Husqvarna 360BT or Husqvarna 570BTS are having problems with the crankcase loosing the seal over time. I read a couple of reviews on the Blue store web site that stated this. I recall this was a problem with Husky handheld 125BT and I think it is due to the crankcase screws "stretching" or breaking.

I bought an echo pb-9010. It's the biggest blower they sell. It's great. It is a bit heavy at 25lbs. But it saves so much time. I love it.
I have one of those 9010's. I'm on my 3rd swivel cuff. They don't swivel easy and they pop out of their joint.

My favorite is the BR-600 from STIHL. It's light weight, comfortable, and plenty powerful for most applications.

I have one of those 9010's. I'm on my 3rd swivel cuff. They don't swivel easy and they pop out of their joint.

My favorite is the BR-600 from STIHL. It's light weight, comfortable, and plenty powerful for most applications.
dry graphite lube like the comet clutches and a clamp tightened just right will solve that

Anyone know if the Husqvarna 360BT or Husqvarna 570BTS are having problems with the crankcase loosing the seal over time. I read a couple of reviews on the Blue store web site that stated this. I recall this was a problem with Husky handheld 125BT and I think it is due to the crankcase screws "stretching" or breaking.

I'm not sure of the differences between the 570 and 580, but my 580 has been flawless since I bought it many years ago. Starts on 2nd pull every time. Set full choke and a little throttle and pull it once, move choke to about halfway and pull again where it will always start. Then move choke to off.

I have a Redmax EBZ7500. I love it, but haven’t used anything more powerful. I think it was $150 off or something when I got it which made it hard to pass up.

Not trying to start an argument but huscvarna always overrates their blowers.

I have a echo 8010 and also have used a 755

The 755 is slightly more MPH but the air flow from the 8010 moves piles like no other.

Previously had a pb-580T and its probably not an upgrade for the OP.
its a nice first backpack blower slightly lighter and quieter.
if you are used to handheld its a sweet upgrade.

Raw power? what stihl is more powerful than the 9010?

Stihl also rates theirs in cheeze mode like a power washer from sunjoe.

At least previously: They tell you cfm at the housing and MPH after the reducer at the end of tube/nozzle.

back to the huscvarna over-rating.. enjoy this laugh-fest
This is the 50cc 150 model.
  • These gas powered leaf blowers generate wind speeds of up to 270 MPH with 765 CFM air volume and 22 N blowing force for powerful clearing performance

Probably 765cfm in housing not at discharge..... and 270mph? with a reducer that has 200cfm? passing through it.

Total fake not real world numbers.

Now the 22newtons of force is probably accurate and would place it near the echo 580 which is rated 216mph/517cfm.(at nozzle)

Disclaimer I dont have a problem with their(other brands) gear just the way they rate with inflated numbers like we are all stupid.

Here is what a real life spec sheet looks like.. shame on all the others using fake rating numbers.
Echo 580 specs... not inflated.
1699632023987.png

Last edited:
Not trying to start an argument but huscvarna always overrates their blowers.

The higher end Husky's are Redmax's. The Husky 580 series is a Redmax EBZ8560. At least it was back when I bought mine. Husky just added a few things to it, like a second harness/strap.

I, personally, am not sold on Echo's quality.

The higher end Husky's are Redmax's. The Husky 580 series is a Redmax EBZ8560. At least it was back when I bought mine. Husky just added a few things to it, like a second harness/strap.

I, personally, am not sold on Echo's quality.
Redmax has some good stuff.

Huscvarna still doesnt get a pass for only inflating numbers on SOME of their products.

IF you have a good product why inflate it like lumens on an amazon flashlight.
I have no issue with their products except their scammy specs.

I dont use my gear in a commercial setting but I have had 0 issues with my echo gear.
It has a nice performance/value proposition and not the parts bs of stihl.

of course they all can have models with issues.
IIRC the echo 770 when it came out had carb issues which is why the 755 was bought at the time.

Are certain models that are better than the rest.. or have pluses and minuses? certainly.

I would have said Stihl previously, as my fs40 consumer grade trimmer has been rock solid reliable and starts easily everytime. Haven't even changed the plug in the 5 years since I bought it used. However it sounds like they're turning into another evil company like John Deere or Apple, when it comes to getting parts to fix your stuff. So I'd probably look at echo for my next leaf blower. I was recently told by a local small engine repair shop that ayp/Husqvarna is terrible for getting parts right now.
My 2004 "weedeater" (Electrolux) blower is on its last legs now and since I paid $32 at a yard sale and got 5 years of use out of it, my wife won't let me spend more than $100 for a replacement.

My 2004 "weedeater" (Electrolux) blower is on its last legs now and since I paid $32 at a yard sale and got 5 years of use out of it, my wife won't let me spend more than $100 for a replacement.
for a handheld its hard to beat hitachi I had 7 years of flawless service out of mine.
but like anything good its no longer with us.

avoid hyperpower.. even at 40$ I paid its junk.

i quit buying stilh junk long ago. the dealer only parts is absurd. the 4 mix is the worst products ever!
I rarely repair them for customers also now. The dealers near me will still sell parts, but with the parts prices being what they are I have to believe they are incentivized to push customers into new equipment. Last time I was quoted a price for an ignition coil for a fairly new saw it was half the price of a brand new saw.

Back